• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Roll up Piano

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb OT: Roll up Piano

I wonder if folks might be interested in using this on the road?

http://www.audiocubes.com/product/Ya...C_Adapter.html

It kind of reminds of a Start Next Generation Episode. Picard is dating this sister that has a roll up piano. They practice then make out. Anyhow. I always thought the the concept is interesting. I fly so much gear I've gotten used to long waits at the airport.
    But this would be fun for practicing while traveling. Have to get used to the feel though.

Sincerely,

Jonathan

Re: OT: Roll up Piano

That is WILD!!!

I'd say after a month the uniqueness would wear out and it would be a waste of money. It still needs a flat surface to be used. I bought a typing keyboard that rolled up for my 2nd DAW. It was nice to store away but I had trouble using it since my controllers use up the flat surfaces. I stopped using it.

Kitekrazy,

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy
    I'd say after a month the uniqueness would wear out and it would be a waste of money. It still needs a flat surface to be used. I bought a typing keyboard that rolled up for my 2nd DAW. It was nice to store away but I had trouble using it since my controllers use up the flat surfaces. I stopped using it.
    Good point. I know video engineers in the field that use the keyboard and that's aprolbem.

Yup you got to have a surface. I just like the convinence of it.

Sincerely,

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Serge
    An another concept here...

http://www.prodikeys.com/products/prodikeys_DM/

SergeD
    This looks promising to me - at least for entering quick sketches in an ergonomic way. Has anybody tried it yet?

I consider that Creative product before but I don't think the keys are fill size. It's not very expensive either.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I've actually considered springing for one (the prodikeys) for my live rig. Since I already have a computer keyboard velcroed to my 88-key controller (for operating the computer/synths) seems like this would be fun.

If I get one, I'll let you know how it works.

Go Back to forum