• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Project 6 Noodle (and a bug!!)

Share/Bookmark

A Project 6 Noodle (and a bug!!)

Got Project 6 Today!! Woohoo!!

I haven't had a chance to buy a full copy of Kontakt yet. I'm just using the demo, which only gives you 30 minutes per session and no save capability. But I had time to at least load up a few patches from P6 and it's gonna rock. I did a little riff- be kind, it took about 5 minutes. Just one patch (both guitars in stereo) chugging a low tuned riff, drums and a fuzz bass. Nothing added, just compression and reverb. Think of this as just a little teeny appetizer!

Click Here (835Kb, 30 seconds long)

Oh and would you believe it, I found a bug. It was the lowest C# on a guitar one palm mute patch- it round robins a sustain chord. I wrote down the patch but I forgot to bring it home. I'll try and post it tomorrow...

Re: A Project 6 Noodle (and a bug!!)

Now that's some cool heavy stuff Fred , nice riff
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Nice demo. It sounds great
    Mine isn`t here yet because I don`t live in the U.S .
    But its on its way

yay, sounds better than one of the demos actually, cool job.

no seriously, i can get a much better imagination on the lib than on the first official demo which was posted here. the licks were drowned in reverb and the attack and chords sounded like they have no several alternative notes.

no offence against this first demo but this definitely sounds much more convincing.

Exclamation Re: A Project 6 Noodle (and a bug!!)

Fred,

Here's the updated nki file.

http://www.beladmedia.com/p6fix1.zip

Thumbs up Re: A Project 6 Noodle (and a bug!!)

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Got Project 6 Today!! Woohoo!!

Fred,

We are very happy to see you putting your prize to good use so quickly. Feel free to share your comments on the quality, playability and sound.

Where we right? Is Project6 not a killer deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Waywyn
    yay, sounds better than one of the demos actually, cool job.
    No offence against this first demo but this definitely sounds much more convincing.
    Of course not. Non taken. 2112 gave me what I asked of him and did it very well. It's clear to me now that a "not so produced" demo is what is needed.

DEMO 2 is as such. I'd like to put together an "out of the box" articulations demo as well.

Waywyn,

Your comments are helpful, not hurtful!

yay, thats really cool.

i really like the sound of this library. its also has some cool "korn"-character in it.
    basically i just wanted to say that the demo of 2112 is also cool, from the songwriting point of view and also the effects were cool on it, but the work, the editing was not really convincing.

it sounded almost like havin machine gun on it and the licks were kinda to "undry" to hear the actual licks itself.

i know that a guitar player will always moan on a library of HIS/HER instrument (and every other musician will do the same on a library of his/her category), but a good demo should always convince also musicians of the same category

I think the weak point in the 2112 demo is the chords do not include chugs in the rhythm guitar parts. To my ears, it does not sound authentic. The leads sounded better to me.

The second demo demonstrates that Project 6 can do amazing rhythm, with chugs (including nice harmonics!).

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Fred, Very Cool! You need Kontakt Bro!

No offence taken guys! Not to make excuses, but due to postal problems…(slow mail where I live), I received the library literally about an hour and a half before the first demo was posted. Although I had read the manual, I had no idea that a guitar library could produce such convincing results. As a result, I just loaded it up with the false assumption that I would be limited as I have been with previous libraries. I have since started a new piece with P6 with only a little delay and chorus in parts, but otherwise completely void of external effects (it does not require them). I have found all the cool articulations for chords - now that I have spent some time with this excellent library.

…2112
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Go Back to forum