• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS goes pop/rock!!

Share/Bookmark

GOS goes pop/rock!!

Hey, did another song I thought it would be fun to share. The young lady on this cut is eleven. You read right, eleven. She has some amazing pipes for a little girl! And she co-wrote this song as well. I did the arrangement (the demo was pretty much a country song and she wanted Avril *lol*). The guitar is a local player and I played bass and did drums with DFH Superior. And of course, the mighty GOS string section recorded at Lincoln Hall.
    I'm going nuts with the mix- she wants that nasty bright compressed modern sound. It's hard to do. It's STILL not a bright and loud as Avril and the low end makes my car stereo clip But anyway, here ya go:

I Can't Believe It's Over (6 Mb, 4:11)

EDIT- Thianks to everyone who said such nice things about this! I'm taking down the link because this is an original song and its not my place to spread it around too much. I did appreciate the feedback though.)

Thumbs up Re: GOS goes pop/rock!!

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Hey, did another song I thought it would be fun to share. The young lady on this cut is eleven. You read right, eleven. She has some amazing pipes for a little girl! And she co-wrote this song as well. I did the arrangement (the demo was pretty much a country song and she wanted Avril *lol*). The guitar is a local player and I played bass and did drums with DFH Superior. And of course, the mighty GOS string section recorded at Lincoln Hall.
    I definitely will forward this to my youngest daughter who is a huge fan of Avril her self.

I listened to the piece and, I can't believe its over. Want to listen again, and again, and again.

Big thumbs up. Amazing vocal qualities this young lady has. Love the orchestration and arranging also.

Stop babling, I'm going to listen again,...............

Cheers,
    Gerard

Re: GOS goes pop/rock!!

It's a hit!

(Heavy reverb) Number one, one, one, one...

Amazing! This little dudette has a fine future ahead of her. You did a beautiful job on the tracks also. Way to go!

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

wow, I love this!

give the chick a pat on the back from me. she's got real talent.
    ""A woman should dress to attract attention. To attract the most attention, a woman should be either nude, or wearing something as expensive as getting her nude is going to be." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Thanks!! I'll pass on the nice comments to her. She has a little Dolly Parton going on right now but when she gets a few more years of maturity under her belt I think she'll be pretty scary. I wish I could have been recording music when I was that age!

ELEVEN?!?!?!? She's only ELEVEN????!?!?! She's phenomenal! This song is fantastic - I hear a hit, I tell ya'! A HIT!

"I can't believe she's eleven"

The arrangement sounds absolutely fantastic. But isn't she a little young to be singing about graduation? She's not even in 7th grade yet.
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

I've heard plenty of great demos on the forums here, but this is the first song that I've been inclined to post in (in fact, it's my second post, and the first post was to win a free copy of Project 6). Everything is great. Great sequencing on the drums, great job on everything else. And the girl is amazing! In a few years with some maturity, she's going to be unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by mfortunato
    ELEVEN?!?!?!? But isn't she a little young to be singing about graduation? She's not even in 7th grade yet.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with that exactly It's better than the stuff a lot of young girls sing about (that they also know nithing about. Let's hope.)

Even Simon Cowell would approve! Nice work and she's wonderful. The strings, the strings, so good! Excellent job and good look with the processing!

Regards,

Tim

Go Back to forum