• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: TCM Young Film Composers Competition

Share/Bookmark

TCM Young Film Composers Competition

I almost forgot about this:

http://turnerclassicmovies.com/YFCC

They define "young" as ages 18-35 . . . sorry to all who are older (or younger ). However, for anyone within that limit, it seems like a nice opportunity . . . Entries are due at the end of this month. Just a reminder if anybody else is interested.

Oh, you must also live in the USA . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: TCM Young Film Composers Competition

I turn 36 in June. I better give this a shot while I'm still considered "young"!
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Yikes!! It's official then, I left young beyind 6 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Yikes!! It's official then, I left young beyind 6 years ago
    I have 2 (or will that be 3) more years to do this.

Hmmm - now that I have GPO - I'll feel more confident in my entry - even though they say they are judging on music alone - and not the means by which it is rendered, all of the winners to date have used GOS or other really good sample libraries to render their entries. That may be just coincidence though. (or is it??? - conspiracy theories are forming) ha ha. JK

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

I'll try it if you try it Sean
    Tim

Someday when I get rich and of great stature in the musical world, I am going to start an old person's film composers contest for those of us old folks who would like to try our hand at this, but let the years go by doing other less exciting things. As the song says, "youth is wasted on the young."

There we go again with another competition. We sure are a competitive nation where only the most beautiful succeed, and the rest just get voted off the island.

"Do I detect a hint of jealousy in this post, Karl?" He says to himself." "Naaah, just pure and simple envy."

I'm going to try it too!!

I've just sent in my entry! I know I don't stand much of a chance, but wish me luck!

Good luck to anyone else who is entering, it would be awesome if someone from this forum was a finalist.

I will spend the next few days dreaming and fantasizing . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Good Luck Sean!! Try not to be too nervous!!

Well, Sean, you have more than the next couple of days to fantasize and daydream. They won't announce the finalists until next month.

I am entering too - I need to try this out before I become too much of an old fuddy-duddy to do it. Moviemaestro reminded me of the deadline this past Friday during chats. I have been so busy, I had completely forgetten all about it and that I had intended on entering - I spent the weekend choosing my clip and scetching out ideas, and then scrambled on Monday and Tuesday to put it all together, and came up with something more concrete and polished this morning. Nothing too impressive, but I couldn't let another year pass me by.

I wish the best of luck (well, ok, NOT the BEST of luck, I wanna win ) to everyone entering. Seriously though - doing this is a fantastic exercise - so it is all good, regardless of who wins. I have had a fantastic time (and some frustration as well) doing this.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum