• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Icon Set for GarageBand - by Rick Schneblin

Share/Bookmark

GPO Icon Set for GarageBand - by Rick Schneblin

Rick Schneblin has created something very imaginative and interesting - a GPO Icon set for Garage Band! There are a total of 35 instrument icon sets in this collection that correspond to GPO Instruments. Very well done and highly recommended for Garage Band users!

Below is a screenshot of a few example tracks using the GPO_Icon Set

What Rick did was create replacement icons for all the dull and rarely used icons that come with GarageBand. Unfortunately, there is no way to "add" icons to GarageBand, only replace. You will need GarageBand to see these results. Rick also created an instruction sheet to get the Apple user started.

Here is the link to the icon set:
    http://www.garritan.com/support/GB_Icon_Set.zip

Feel free to download and try them out. If you find you are regularly using them, it would be great to give support Rick with a $10 shareware donation. Small price to pay for something so cool!

Gary Garritan

Re: GPO Icon Set for GarageBand - by Rick Schneblin

You know, I've never seen Garageband in my life, but I've had Powertracks by PGMusic for many years... There's a very interesting thing about the interface that they're very similar, with the graphic icons and stuff, except that you can assign icons icons in Powertracks depending on the instrument...

You can check it out at the link below...

http://www.pgmusic.com/images/pt9_trackswindow.gif

This is really cool Rick. I wish we could do something like this in Cakewalk Home Studio. Good job, keep it up.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Rick,

These are just great. How fun. I just might get garage Band, not for it's musical value, but just to play with your icons.

Now come on MOTU, get off the couch and create a little space in DP's tracks window so we can slip these little guys in and personalize yuur interface. I guess I'll just have to stick with 10 million colors for awhile...sigh

Karl

Thumbs up Re: GPO Icon Set for GarageBand - by Rick Schneblin

Rick has just updated the GPO Icon set for Garage Band.

The entire set is improved and a few more instruments were added.

Here is the link:

http://www.garritan.com/support/GB_Icon_Set.zip

Again, if you find will regularly using them, please support Rick with a donation.

Thanks again Rick for this great collection of icons.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum