• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How do I post a picture on a post?

Share/Bookmark

How do I post a picture on a post?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    (read thread title)

Thanx,
    Chris

Re: How do I post a picture on a post?

Just put your link between two tags that look like this (but remove the spaces).

[ I M G ] Link to pic [ / I M G ]

Test...

-JF

Ern,
    Anywhere there is a URL for a pic. IF you go to a website..and open the image in a seperate window (right click windows, control click mac..open image in sep window)_it will display the URL for that image. Copy "that" URL and paste it between the image tags.

Basically you copy/paste the URL of an image (has to be accessible on the web or by some URL) between the "IMG" tags.

If you have an image yourself...you wish to..to post...upload it to your webspace/server. When you open just the image in a browser window....it will show the URL of that image in the browser address window. You can copy and paste "that" in between the "IMG" tags.

If you are trying to get an image from another website to display using those tags...you need "just" the URL for the image...not the frames or other parts of website.

You need to open the image first..in it's own sep. window..to get the actual URL of just that image (and not the webpage it may be framed in). Then copy "that" URL. Again, right click (windows), "control click) mac...on the image..and choose open in sep. window. Then copy past the URL between the "IMG" tags you make here.

That should work.

The short answer is, it's on a website. Here's the link to the above picture...

fairhurst.com/gvmasters/PatriotGames04/Pics/Dive3.jpg

-JF

Just go to: www. jonfprobablyhasgills.com
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Ern,

Next time you drink lighter fluid and take a whiz by the lake, put out your ciggie first!

Danimal,

I've evolved! The gills have disappeared and I've now got a blowhole in the back of my head!

BTW, that pic is of the pool that I swim in regularly. It's five minutes from work directly on my route home. And I just confirmed from the heat sheets that the diver in front is me. I wasn't 100% shure until now. The woman diving in the background? She's 75! And, no, she didn't beat me.

Whoah. I just dug a little deeper. That was my dive for my first ever 100m Butterfly race. I was kind of bummed that I was seeded in the same heat as a 75 year old woman. So I checked to see what the world record is for the 100m fly in that age group. It's 1:50.72. And who holds the W75-79 world record in the 100m fly? Gail Roper, the woman in the photo.

http://fina.org/masterswrNov04_wmsc.html

http://fairhurst.com/gvmasters/Patri...HeatSheet1.gif

-JF

We could certainly use "heat sheets" in North Dakota. Although today it was "warm". I can't wait to leave this state!!! My chore for the day? I cleaned up all the dog poop in the yard that is showing up now that the snow is melting. Exciting stuff. When you manage a house that is divided in to apartments, it really doesn't set a good example to let your dog poop pile up. Oh well.

Hey Jon,
    Do you swim every day? I love to swim. I don't do it enough though. I used to supervise the weight room on campus here. A good workout and a swim is awesome. Although I didn't swim laps. I just screwed around. So my "swimming" really wasn't swimming like you, but I love being in the water, especially the ocean.<<<< There's tons of those here, of course. I always get very hungry afterwards, and then I can sleep forever.

Ern,
    Post those hippie pics!!!!!!

Hi Danimal,

No doubt, swimming after lifting is a great way to stretch out, cool down and loosen up.

I swim nearly every day. Our Masters team practices for 1-1/2 hours on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and 2 hours on Saturday morning. I often swim during the lunch hour during the week.

This month I'm going nuts though. I swam some good times at the meet last month, but only beat my (optimistic) seed times in one of five events. I'm fired up now! This week I swam two-a-days Monday through Thursday, once on Friday and with the team on Saturday morning. Sunday I get to rest. I plan on doing that for the next three weeks, then I'll taper for a week before the Association Championship meet. As long as I don't break, I'm determined to beat those seed times!

It's funny, I never competed in any sports as a kid. I thought that I wasn't competitive. Now I know differently. I just don't like to lose.

Now that I'm older, I'm not so worried about losing. There's always somebody faster than me. But I now construct micro competition around everything in the pool. I want to beat this time, beat my buddy to the wall, lap the slow swimmer, keep from getting lapped by the fast swimmer. It's more about rising to the challenge than the win/loss thing.

I'm sure it's the same for Ern. He's probably thinking "how can I be the hippest Hippie?"

-JF

Hey Jon,

If I post a picture with a URL that is on my own computer desktop, is that bad? Can someone get access to my computer by looking at that URL? Thanks, Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    Hey Jon,

If I post a picture with a URL that is on my own computer desktop, is that bad? Can someone get access to my computer by looking at that URL? Thanks, Dan
    Hehe err...no....hehe...well ...maybe....heh

e-mail the pic to me if ya want, and I will post it/give you the url

bschum@centurytel.net

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast