• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Fix for the slow loading gig-files problem on Win2000/XP machines!

Share/Bookmark

Fix for the slow loading gig-files problem on Win2000/XP machines!

Friends,

I announced the availability of my small application for GigaStudio on the VSL forum earlier today.

Goto this thread for more info:

http://235.deatech.at/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1594

or my info and download page on:

http://www.musikbanken.se/gigastudio

Enjoy!

/Mattias

Re: Fix for the slow loading gig-files problem on Win2000/XP machines!

Thanks Mattias, your a sweetheart. Works like a charm.

Tackar ödmjukast =)

OMG! I worship you! SIGNIFICANT load time speed ups, esp for VSL stuff! Magnificant!

Devon

Mattias,

Great stuff.

I read and reread the tweak thread, and had trouble figuring out what was the true bottom line - i.e. what is the recommended fix??

Trond

Mattias, I cannot seem to find the download for the Giga Load Optimizer on your website???
    I thought that I saw it there earlier today.... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Thanks, Gary

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Words cannot say how happy this little utility has made me. Wow. Have you gotten in touch with anyone at Nemesys about this?

Many many thanks. This absolutely makes my day. The reason I was checking the forum was because I was waiting for a big template to load. I just reloaded it, and it was like I had become one with the Matrix!!

I have a gig tomorrow night, and I will be able to load things on the fly that I could never have considered. What a kind and generous person you are to offer this up to us. Thank you again.

Bruce

This is AMAZING!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU...

Biggest damn contribution to this comunity ever...

you rule... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alex

Thanks to all of you for the kind words! Once the idea was out it was really no big deal to implement the solution. Solution is the wrong word btw...band-aid is more like it...

Trond - Bottom line of the registry tweak thread or the load time fix?

Bruce - No, I haven\'t been in contact with Nemesys about the load time fix. I talked to them a couple of times about the registry tweak, but I figured they are in warp mode fixing up Giga 3 at this point and I\'m not the one to disturb. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

/Mattias

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Mattias Henningson:
    Bruce - No, I haven\'t been in contact with Nemesys about the load time fix. I talked to them a couple of times about the registry tweak, but I figured they are in warp mode fixing up Giga 3 at this point and I\'m not the one to disturb. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

/Mattias
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Do you mind if I forward the utility to Joe Bibbo, and refer him to you? They may have already solved whatever problem they were having, but all the same, I\'d like to put it in their face so that it doesn\'t get overlooked.

Let me know. Thank you again. I\'m loading out for the gig right now, and my experiments with loading instruments via your utility confirm that I\'ll be able to load things on the fly in a snap now. I will be having a GREAT time tonight, thanks to you.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Well, I cannot find the link on the website for the Giga Load Optimizer.....
    Tell me, am I missing something??? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Gary

Go Back to forum