• Register
  • Help

Topic: Someone wants my music in a music library

Someone wants my music in a music library

Hey all,
    Anyone ever contribute to a music library/licensing company? I got an email from some guy who wants me to contribute some music to it. It seems to be rather small. It's not listed in the Songwriter's Market book, and from the website it looks like there may be just a couple hundred songs. The website does look nice, and under "clients" there's MTV and Discovery Channel. Doing some googling I found that the guy who emailed me seems to have a few songs in the library. Additionally, there's a female singer/songwriter that he's produced who's also in it. The singer/songwriter gave me her phone number after I emailed her, but I thought I'd see what people here have to say.

He offers a 50/50 split, and a non-exclusive use. I really don't know how to go about this. Anyone get ripped off by something like this? How much money can you expect if someone buys a song/piece? How the heck do you tell if a company is respectable?
    Anthony Lombardi, composer

Re: Someone wants my music in a music library

Another piece of advice is that make sure that you are paid productions costs unless they do all of that for you, otherwise you are the only one taking a risk, and they certainly shouldn't get a 50/50 split.

Re: Someone wants my music in a music library

I think think I was marketed to submit to that site too. PM me as to the name or post it here ok ? 50% does seem like a lot

imac G5
    17 inch screen
    1.6 ghz processsor
    OSX 10.4.8
    Titanium Powerbook 1 Ghz
    Dp 5.1
    Stylus RMX 1.5
    Reason 3
    Live 5
    PC with Gigasampler

Go Back to forum