• Register
  • Help

Topic: Work in progress

Share/Bookmark

Work in progress

Hi all,

Here is something I have been working on for some time - still very much work in progress - composition, orchestration and GPOing.....

www.stradjazz.co.uk/WIP.mp3

Any and all comments gratefully received.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: Work in progress

Oh I like this. The whole rhythmic thing going on is really cool and refreshing. I guess my only beef (now remember, this is coming from a rock drummer ), is that I would have liked to hear the main theme you have going in the beginning re-harmonized to like the relative major or something. To my ear, it spends too much time hanging around the tonic. When you do finally change sections towards the end, it is fabulous! Perhaps shorten the beginning, get to that quicker, and come out of that back into your main theme re-harmonized. Just a thought…

Wonderful Work! Keep going!

…2112

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Thanks Brian,

What I am trying to achieve is an hypnotic build up of tension leading to the release when "the big tune" starts. I'll try a re-harmonization to try to keep away form monotony, but it will have to be a subtle changover to avoid an ABABC form.

I really appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad you like it!
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Nice, very innovative. Aren't those pizz. strings great? I like the rhythmic work here.

Regards,

Tim

Sounds great to me! I can't wait to hear the completed version. I especially like the pizzicato, very nice rhythm.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Thanks Brian,

What I am trying to achieve is an hypnotic build up of tension leading to the release when "the big tune" starts. I'll try a re-harmonization to try to keep away form monotony, but it will have to be a subtle changover to avoid an ABABC form.

I really appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad you like it!
    Great piece! Yeah, it's a relentlessly slow build, isn't it! That last section is terrific, harmonically. I dunno, it works as is but Brain might be right. And you're right too, it should feeel like a little nudge, not a big shift when it happens. Anyhow, it's a killer piece so far!!

Go Back to forum