• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New Piece

Share/Bookmark

New Piece

Here's a piece to mellow you out. I'm not sure if it's done or not (maybe continuing at the end somewhere else? Who knows!) It's alll GPO done with on Overture SE. Any ideas / feedback would be appreciated.

"Last Call, Center City" - New Link

Regards,

Tim
    Last edited by tcohen; 03-05-2005 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Messed up link

Re: New Piece

I like it, alot! Very atmospheric and easy-listening. Reminds me of James Newton Howard, or Mark Isham's scores.

Well done, the balance of instruments is perfect, IMHO.
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Tim,

Very nice indeed.

I liked the atmospheric start and the french horn very much.

With amount of ideas you have going on, it would be great to hear a more lengthy treatment.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Tim,

I get an error message when I try your URL.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hopefully this new link will work. Thanks for checking it out. I'm still learning this mydocsonline.com thing.

New Link - Last Call, Center City

Regards,

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Tim,

Very nice indeed.

I liked the atmospheric start and the french horn very much.

With amount of ideas you have going on, it would be great to hear a more lengthy treatment.

Thanks Richard.... Any ideas as to where to go with this? This is exactly what I was wondering.... The creative flow came, crashed on shore, then the tide quickly went out on me for this one...

Thanks in advance.

Tim
    Last edited by tcohen; 03-05-2005 at 09:27 PM. Reason: spelling...ooopps!

I like this alot! It sort of gets more dissonant rather quickly than you expect it to then it reigns in. The flute sounds amazing. The string expression is outstanding as well.

Nicely done, Tim. Love the piano. It's one of the best-sounding examples of the GPO piano I've heard.
    Careful, man, there's a beverage here!
    www.stevegoers.com

Tim,

There's something enchnating about this piece and I just had to listen to it many times. It sure did mellow me out. All done in Overture notation? That's amazing, espcially how you were able to impart such expression in a notation program.

I hope this can be posted on the GPO demp page. I am looking forward to hearing more of your work. Thank you for sharing this.

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: New Piece

Tim - -

Totally delicious! As far as where you might want to "take this" it seemed to be heading to a fuller exposition up to the 2:50 point, then pulled back (less ensemble, more featured solo instruments twirling around each other in a very satisfying way) so your choice would seem to be right around there. (Perhaps go onward with a fuller sound and drop back to the quiet conclusion a little later.) Your melodies are just lovely and the whole piece almost sounds like a great piece of music looking for a suitably nostalgic film.

I'm amazed that this is all with a notation program. Your piano lines sound so wonderfully played that it's difficult to reconcile that those weren't your fingers working that virtual Steinway!

Bravo! More!!

KevinKauai

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast