• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Problems in this forum!

Share/Bookmark

Problems in this forum!

So,here's the deal. I keep finding myself unable to log in here. I have to go through this ungodly process of resetting a password to be able to post because when I sign in after starting up, it tells me I do not have access. Anyone with any ideas or help on this matter? AGGGHHH!

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Re: Problems in this forum!

Do you have cookies enabled in your browser?
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

My secuirty privacy is set to medium, is that the problem?

Thanks in advance...

Tim

Mine was set to medium and I had the same problem. Set it to none and i was in. I guess you can set specific web pages to have different access to cookies so you can set it back to medium or whatever you want and still get access here.

I run 3 computers, one at work, and 2 at my home, i was logged in to this site on one computer and tried to access from the other and I think that was a problem, a setting for staying connected on one computer or not staying connected is a setting you should look at if you are using more than one computer.

Quote Originally Posted by tcohen
    My secuirty privacy is set to medium, is that the problem?

Thanks in advance...

Tim
    Setting your security to medium does not preclude enable cookies. The way to set your cookies depends on your browser and security software. Setting security to none is risky.

Richard

Have you recently upgraded (to XP SP2 maybe)? Or added a pop-up blocker? I was having horrific problems signing in for a while, and I finally tried turning off the pop-up blocker for this site and things cleared up...Give it a try.
    Pat Azzarello
    http://www.patazzarello.com

I had similar problem long ago, but since I started using Firefox I never experienced login problems anymore.

So my, maybe useless, suggestion is: Get rid of that buggy patchwork and security hole that IE is and try it with a different browser of your choice (there are dozens of them...). Maybe you will be surprised at how good it works, maybe not.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Thanks for all the input... I've obviously got lots of homework and ideas to try here. Y'all are great. Hopefully I don't blow something up in the process.

Regards,

Tim

Thumbs up Re: Problems in this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by musicpete
    I had similar problem long ago, but since I started using Firefox I never experienced login problems anymore.

So my, maybe useless, suggestion is: Get rid of that buggy patchwork and security hole that IE is and try it with a different browser of your choice (there are dozens of them...). Maybe you will be surprised at how good it works, maybe not.
    Thanks for the tip. For me, Firefox to the rescue!
    Richard Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by RichG
    Thanks for the tip. For me, Firefox to the rescue!
    Firefox rules!!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum