• Register
  • Help

Topic: Game music extractors?

Share/Bookmark

Game music extractors?

Anyone know where to find something that will take BMU files and other types and make them mp3? I was trying to get jeremy soules music from neverwinter nights and its in a BMU format. Thanks for any help guys!

Jeff

Re: Game music extractors?

Technically, "ripping" the soundtrack from the game would be a violation of copyright, so I doubt you'll get much help with that here, given that a lot of us are trying to make a living writing game music.

Instead, show your support for Jeremy by buying the soundtrack itself:

http://www.chudahs-corner.com/soundt...verwinter.html

I buy all soundtracks but this one is not availble even on the site you showed me I can't find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango9Jeff
    Anyone know where to find something that will take BMU files and other types and make them mp3? I was trying to get jeremy soules music from neverwinter nights and its in a BMU format. Thanks for any help guys!

Jeff
    Just change the last name of the BMU-files to mp3 and that's all!
    (maybe make a backup of your BMU-files just in case)
    xxxx.bmu to xxxx.mp3. Easy as that.

-Ranietz-

haha no way man I'll have to try that when I get home. that would great if it works! Thanks man

Jeff

There is a freeware soft called 'game audio player', which plays quite many game audio (music) formats straight from the cd and allows exporting (though, when I tried to export the pieces, the quality got down for some reason). But you can allways record the output when listening with the software.

I won't comment to the copyrights, this was just for notice that that kind of program exists.

Go Back to forum