• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar Patch..not good for me

Share/Bookmark

Sonar Patch..not good for me

Hi all,

This Sonar Patch for 3.0 is screwing up my bounce to track - Kontakt samples..I\'m getting halted after bounces...

My computer is a power house and has plenty of RAM and CPU...2 Gigs 3.2ghz PIV HT..

Alan Russell

Re: Sonar Patch..not good for me

I also noticed that it caused glitches in my Virtual Guitarist bounce to track as well. However, it only did it 1 out of 3 tries.

Damoy,

did you get the error that Sonar.exe has to close and a report should be filed to Microsoft?

Also, I noticed that with Kontakt v1.5, there was no need to click the work \"Bounce\" on the Kontakt screen when setting up shop to create the audio track. Am I missing something here? Is this new?

I\'d really like to uninstall this patch. To get rid of it, do you think I should just reinstall Sonar.exe from scratch?

Alan Russell

damnit!

I haven\'t had any problems yet, but all I\'ve done is tracking in midi.

Alan: yeah, with the LAST bad patch I had to completely uninstall sonar 3 to remedy the effects - but didn\'t get to it before it totally destroyed two songs first [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

but I think you do have to uninstall all of sonar 3-

does anyone know any different? has anyone else had any problems with the v2 patch?

Which version of Kontakt are you using? I\'ve bounced in Sonar 3 with the patch and it\'s worked fine everytime.

did you get the error that Sonar.exe has to close and a report should be filed to Microsoft?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah, but only when I tried to save the project and close Sonar (yep, I lost my changes since the save before this one), and not during the glitched bounce. I think I\'m gonna try re-installing.

I have updated to Kontakt 1.5 and applied the Sonar patch. So I was just running close to 40 MIDI, audio and Kontakt tracks and I haven\'t had any problems at all.

The only time Sonar crashed on me was when I was registering it at the Cakewalk site so I had to do it by phone.

Nhick
    http://www.nhick.com

Correction:

It wasn\'t Sonar that crashed while I was registering at the Cakewalk site. It was Internet Explorer.

Nhick
    http://www.nhick.com

Hi all,

after extensive testing, V1.5 of Kontakt is causing the problem when bouncing a heavy data midi track (example Guitar chords-9 minutes of continuous play) with Sonar 3.0 Producer.

I have reported this directly to Julian Ringel..

Alan Russell

ok, that makes me feel a bit better...

anyone else\'s rig doing okay with the new patch?
    I\'m about to start recording some arrangements for a project I\'ve been on for the past 2 months- so I\'m a bit nervous here..

Go Back to forum