• Register
  • Help

Topic: Convince my wife please!

Share/Bookmark

Wink Convince my wife please!

I really thought she already got it but to my dismay she said she wanted ask a friend about GPO in relation to other types out there. She actually looked at Sybelius and Finale. We have an older version of Finale and she is wondering what the difference is. It's a decent notation program that I know of. I actually took a Barbershop peice and transcribed it into finale to give to my quartet buddies. Convince her otherwise that GPO is The best for it's price. Otherwise she's going to research more. She's not convinced that its for what we need.

I posted in other topics on what I was looking for. Hopefully we could use this program to record orchestrations to sing opera arias, and musical theater numbers. I would love to arrange some of t he pieces to make a medley of some sort. Heck why not make a musical revue from both Genres. LOL

Appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

Vote-- get garritan Yes or no.

Good and bad points please.

Talking Re: Convince my wife please!

There simply is no better bargain than GPO, Superb!

Read the reviews. It comes with so many extras that it's almost embarassing to get it for the price. As far as I know there isn't anything that does it better under you get to almost $1,000.

imho ... KevinKauai

Re: Convince my wife please!

Quote Originally Posted by Superb_Tenor
    I really thought she already got it but to my dismay she said she wanted ask a friend about GPO in relation to other types out there. She actually looked at Sybelius and Finale. We have an older version of Finale and she is wondering what the difference is. It's a decent notation program that I know of. I actually took a Barbershop peice and transcribed it into finale to give to my quartet buddies. Convince her otherwise that GPO is The best for it's price. Otherwise she's going to research more. She's not convinced that its for what we need.

Good and bad points please.
    GPO is the best for sampled sounds in (and out of) it's price range.

Sibelius is probably the best notation program. It is far from the best sequencer. The included Kontakt Silver or the Kontakt Gold add-on don't even comple close to GPO! GPO can be used with Sibelius and Finale.

If your goal is sound, you don't need Sibelius or Finale. You need GPO and a sequencer. There is a sequencer bundled with GPO which you may find satisfactory. (My preference is Sonar, not exactly cheap.)

Richard

Re: Convince my wife please!

That's great that you have a wife that is concerned and is looking out for your musical interests.

But convince your wife to get GPO??...Let's see...

• GPO may make you more caring and dote over her every wish.
    • Having GPO causes you to develop listening skills and you will listen to your wife more intently as you display a concerned expression.
    • You will need to listen to film scores to develop your GPO skills, meaning you will take her to the movies more often.
    • As a GPO owner you'll be making inspired music becoming an incurable romantic and you will have an irresistable drive to send her chocolate and roses for no reason.
    • Getting GPO will make her feel important because you'll always thank her for making the right decision. You will remind her you married Miss Right and call her by her nickname 'Always'.
    • She can get a free GPO T-Shirt.

• If your wife wants to take GPO for a drive, don't stand in her way.
    Seriously, GPO is a great investment. Both of you should thoroughly research and find out what is best for both of you. I wish you luck.

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: Convince my wife please!

Look, before I bought GPO I had 25 Monks writing the scores and had to hire a full orchestra to play them. That cost me around 5 bottles of the finest red wine for the Monks a day and $1000 per session for the orchestra.
    Hands down, GPO is the best investment anyone serious of there music can buy. Besides, Gary Garritan is a real sveet guy who cares about his customers. As a matter of fact .... never mind that's another story.
    So, bottom line is buy GPO or sit there for the rest of your musical career wonder what possibilities you may have savored if you just had bought GPO!
    And, by the way ... My wife thought GPO stood for Global Positioning Organization. Actually, get the lib and write her a song!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum