• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finally got GPO! New user.

Finally got GPO! New user.

Hi everyone,

I finally got my copy of the GPO. I am a high school student (almost 16) in New Zealand. I have been working on this piece, please let me know what you think. I'm not the greatest when it comes to dealing with samples and such, I'm new to it all, but slowly learning. There are some really obvious mistakes in it, but it's still a WIP. (it's only half done).

The shakuhachi at the beginning, and the taiko drum are not GPO, although I will probably change the taiko to the GPO bass drum sooner or later.

Also, any tips or tricks I should look into? I'm not 100% happy with how the brass came out, but i'll work on it. Also I think the taiko drum is too high at points. (I'll also fix that for next time). I'm using Cakewalk Home Studio 2004.

Ths piece is: "Samurai Story Main Theme".

If you have time, let me know what you think of my other stuff. Note, the other songs are just using soundfonts except "Journey", which was recorded by the NZ symphony orchestra!

It's great to be at these forums, seems like a really great place. Thanks Mr Garritan for creating such a great tool!

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Finally got GPO! New user.

Hey nice to have you aboard the forum and welcome to the family! Nice work and I am impressed with your use of CW2004! Are you using XL or just 2004? I have XL and hardly use it now that I have Cubase Se.
    Looking forward to hearing more soon.
    Welcome again and watch out for the other moderators they aren't sane like me.
    Cause, there is nothing wrong with me,click, wrong with me, click, wrong with me ... SLAP!

Re: Finally got GPO! New user.

I'm using just HS 2004, not the XL.

Go Back to forum