• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Keyswitches???

Share/Bookmark

Keyswitches???

I have scoured the manual, and could find only one tiny reference to keyswitches. Can anyone tell me where I can find a reference to learn how they work and what they are? I am using Sibelius and often need to switch from arco to pizz and back. Also, why is this info not in the manual? Is there an alternative reference source for GPO? Thanks.

Re: Keyswitches???

Keyswitching became more extensive in the GPO update. There is a PDF addendum to the manual on the Garritan site.

Garritan Site

At the top of the home page look under Support - Updates. Then look down the page and you will find the manual under "Update Documentation". This PDF goes into great detail.

Karl

This forum is THE reference source for all things related to GPO.

Also look here:
    http://www.garritan.com/GPO-SibeliusPage.html

There is a plug-in for Sibelius that deals with keyswitches. Use the search function on this forum. Type in keyswitches. You'll find tons of helpful information.

Good luck,
    Jeff

Thanks for your reply. I have had success in my string quartet inserting keyswitches into the cello part. However, when I attempt the same for the violin, it does not work. Any suggestions?

I figured it out. I wrote the F in the wrong octave. Thanks for allowing me to get this done!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    This forum is THE reference source for all things related to GPO.

Also look here:
    http://www.garritan.com/GPO-SibeliusPage.html

There is a plug-in for Sibelius that deals with keyswitches. Use the search function on this forum. Type in keyswitches. You'll find tons of helpful information.

Good luck,
    Jeff
    My question is whether the Multi String Quartet, since there are no "KS" instruments listed, can actually use keyswitching between Arco and Pizz. I have tried many different ways including saving as midi, opening it in Sonar, and inserting channel changes. I have also tried to run the plug-ins found via your link above, but with no luck.

If keyswitches really DO work with the Garritan Multi String Quartet, then maybe I am not creating the ArcoPizz plug-in properly, since I can't find specifics on how to do so. When I download the plug-in (this one or any other) it shows up as ManuScript, but I don't know what to do with it then and the handbook and electronic help are not too much help. Any ideers?

First of all, the plugin will not work with Sibelius 1 or 2. Second, if you load the multi string quartet and don't see KS, you should download the upgrade from the website. I see it in mine. BTW, thanks to all who helped me understand what these things are. It works perfectly now. Why it is not in the manual is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by northern
    If keyswitches really DO work with the Garritan Multi String Quartet, then maybe I am not creating the ArcoPizz plug-in properly, since I can't find specifics on how to do so. When I download the plug-in (this one or any other) it shows up as ManuScript, but I don't know what to do with it then and the handbook and electronic help are not too much help. Any ideers?
    Solo string keyswitches were added with the update. If you don't see solo string keyswitched instruments in the String Quartet Multi then you are looking at the older version.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by rsratner
    It works perfectly now. Why it is not in the manual is beyond me.
    The most up-to-date information is always in the Update documentation and/or posted on the Garritan site. The manual was printed prior to the first release. Additions, corrections, oversights, etc. will eventually make it into a future printing run, but until then, we make the information available to everyone in the timeliest way we can.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    The most up-to-date information is always in the Update documentation and/or posted on the Garritan site. The manual was printed prior to the first release. Additions, corrections, oversights, etc. will eventually make it into a future printing run, but until then, we make the information available to everyone in the timeliest way we can.

Tom
    Thanks to everyone who has answered my query so far, but I am still at square one, which I believe could be a condition of my inexperience with VSTi. I have downloaded the v1.2 update and when I read About in GPO, it indicates v1.2. I am using Sibelius 3.1.3 but I still can not find any KS listed for the solo strings, whether wet or multi'd. How does one then install the VST version of GPO so it will update properly and allow me to use keyswitching? I hope to post music here in the near future rather than tech questions, but thanks in advance!

Go Back to forum