• Register
  • Help

Topic: strange processor meter reading & clicks

Share/Bookmark

strange processor meter reading & clicks

I have a dedicated gigastudio/VSTi computer, and used the tascam guides for optimization.

When I start Gigastudio without loading any .gig file the processor meter (in gigastudio, not in windows) is going shortly to 20 to 50% and then going back to 4%. This is randomly and around 1 time in 2 seconds..
    When I load instruments, the meters is standing on say 40% and rising shortly over the 100%. You can imagine that then there is no smooth playback. In other word, I can\'t use Gigastudio [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Please some advise, I can imagine that it is the soundcard but that soundcard has done a good job in a old 500mhz win98se setup.

Here the system specs:

System software: Win XP prof.
    Soundcard: Aardvark 20/20+
    Software used: Gigastudio 2.54 and v-stack
    Midi interface: midiman 4x4
    motherboard: asus p4pe-x/se
    memory: 2x corsair 512MB
    processor: intel PIV 2.4 GHz
    Videocard: Asus V9180magic (gf4 mx440se)
    hardisk: 2x WD JB serie 120 en 80 gig
    cdr: Asus Rewriter 52x24x52x

thanks.
    J.

Re: strange processor meter reading & clicks

I don\'t think it\'s your soundcard. Soundcards are not going to affect your CPU\'s power. It sounds like there\'s no correlation between CPU usage and GS, which would lead me to believe that it\'s an XP issue. That\'s about all I can offer though. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Re: strange processor meter reading & clicks

Thanks for the advice.. But where to look in windows xp.. ;-) I\'m really out of options.
    joachim

Go Back to forum