• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OT: Should Jonny give the Good Sumaritan Ideology the boot

Share/Bookmark

OT: Should Jonny give the Good Sumaritan Ideology the boot

Hey guys,

I'm really thinking about giving this "Always be a Good Sumaritan" idea a kick to the curb. Listen to this and let me know what you guys think!!

Last night, after I got off of work, I was driving home and I saw a car pulled off the side of the road. It was freezing outside and they're was a young guy and his girlfriend trying desperately to get their car re-started. I have a knack for quick solutions (at least my high school guidance counselor said I did ) and I'm pretty handy with a car so, I decided to stop and see if I could help. I always try to stop and lend a hand if I can in these situations.

It ended up that their battery was completely dead, so I gave them a jump. It took about 25-30 minutes for me to get it started. Finally, I did and the guy was very happy. He said thanks mister and I told them to have a good night.

All fine and well, right? Not really, because in the mist of me working on this fella's car, I shut my car door and the automatic start in my car locked the doors on me. So, when I went to get back in my car to make my 45 minute drive home, I found myself completely locked out.

If that wasn't enough, the couple that I had just finished helping seconds before, saw that I was locked out. You want to no what they did to help me out?

...Wait for it!!

...NOTHING!!! They saw me, laughed, pointed and FREAKIN' DROVE AWAY!!!!!!

I ended up having to wait for almost an hour for AAA to come let me back in. I got off of work at 10 last night, and didn't get home till almost 1 am.
    OUI!!!

Sorry to vent, but this has been bugging me ever since. How can people do stuff like that. Things like this have happened to me before and frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of it. Maybe I should addapt everyone else's "Screw you, you deal with it" attitude. (I won't, but it still feels good to say!)

Sorry for the rant.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: OT: Should Jonny give the Good Sumaritan Ideology the boot

Jonny, what comes around goes around. Rest assure they will get theirs someday. I know this probably doesn't make you feel any better, but they will and ten fold.
    Lousy stinking rotten fruitcakes!
    Styxx

You see... This is why sometimes I wish I was a bad person. I'm a nice guy, but this kind of thing always rubs me the wrong way. I go out of my way to help people all the time and this is exactly the sort of thing that always happens to me. When I'm in need of help, there's no one around that gives a rip. But whoaho, wait until they need something... They come ask Mr. Nice Guy. Nice guys finish last. That's the truth and the whole of the truth.

I'd have ran up and kicked the guy in the nadgers.

Hi Jonny,
    I agree with Styxx on this one. They'll get theirs. Anyway, I'd still try to be the better person and help people when I could. For every one Bozo, there's 100 who truly do appreciate your help, and would help you in return if you needed them to. (I hope that I'm right anyways)

Thumbs down Re: OT: Should Jonny give the Good Sumaritan Ideology the boot

Homo Homini lupus,

world is fullfilled of people, and statistics say you can find lamb as wolf.

My big suspect is that unfortunately the modern society create more young wolves and every day less lambs...

Very true Fabio. There is a distinct impression that the way of the world is heading towards a global 'me first' attitude. Of course, the world has always had its fair share of bad seeds.

Thumbs up Re: OT: Should Jonny give the Good Sumaritan Ideology the boot

In college a fellow percussionist need to borrow a Kalimba I had for his recital. I graciously loaned him the instrument not only for the performance but for all his rehearsals as well. This was one of my favorite instruments to play because of its soothing sweet sound.
    To make a long story short he never gave it back to me. When I asked him what had happened to it he claimed someone stole it from his locker. That he said with a big S eating grin! I knew he was lying! I never saw it again nor him until I found out his apartment was totally ransacked and all his drum equipment was gone!
    What comes around goes around....
    Styxx

I think the good egg/bad egg ratio is the same as it ever was, but since there's SO many more people in the world these days it just boosts your odds of running into the jerks.

That's a total drag, Jonny, but don't let it stop you from being the person you are.
    Careful, man, there's a beverage here!
    www.stevegoers.com

I can certainly understand the frustration,
    just continue to be the good person you are, and you will be rewarded.

dpDan

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost
    Hey guys,
    ...NOTHING!!! They saw me, laughed, pointed and FREAKIN' DROVE AWAY!!!!!!
    Oh my, that is so incredibly cold...

But charity is worth doing for its own sake, not expecting any reward or appreciation, so you did the right thing, regardless. And now you have a really cool story to tell to illustrate that "no good deed goes unpunished", and hopefully you'll be able to laugh about it someday.

But next time, make sure you've got your keys!
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Go Back to forum