• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Topic: As if Gary hasn't been bugged enough for unusual instruments...

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    As if Gary hasn't been bugged enough for unusual instruments...

    In the already, I'm sure, 500+ instruments of the Far Advanced, Incomparable, Platinum Layered with Titanium addition of GPO, soon to released in 2010, how about a Sarrusophone.

    I was looking over the score to Ravel's Rapsodie Espagnole and found it called for one. I honestly have never heard of one. You know guitar players don't get around much in the woodwind sections of orchestras.

    I suppose, after reading the above thread, that one might substitute the bass sax that will be in the big band addition coming to a computer near you real soon, but it just might be a little extra that might tweak someone's imagination to go for the heavyweight version of GOP.

    Karl

  2. #2

    Smile Re: As if Gary hasn't been bugged enough for unusual instruments...

    Yes Karl you are right: probably a mixture between the bass sax and the bass clarinet is a good Sarrusaphone simulation....

    But how many scores you know for S. ...?

    But what about natural long trumpets for the Verdi's Aida march...?

    ...and Vivaldi's salmoè is really an ancient clarinet? and...ok, ok I'm only joking, I stop

  3. #3

    Re: As if Gary hasn't been bugged enough for unusual instruments...

    Next: The Dr. Seussphone!

    - m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

  4. #4
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: As if Gary hasn't been bugged enough for unusual instruments...

    WHA? HUH? A Wha? A Su, u u u sa us? A Wha ... Look, that's easy for you to say! Sarrusaphone < Last time I saw one of these was at the Hysterical Museum!
    Styxx

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: As if Gary hasn't been bugged enough for unusual instruments...

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    In the already, I'm sure, 500+ instruments of the Far Advanced, Incomparable, Platinum Layered with Titanium addition of GPO, soon to released in 2010, how about a Sarrusophone.
    Already Recorded! (thanks to one of our forum members )

    Sarrusophone rules!

    Gary Garritan

  6. #6

    Re: As if Gary hasn't been bugged enough for unusual instruments...

    Gary,

    You're the man, and so is the sarrusophone player, that is unless she's a woman. That is so cool.

    Karl

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: As if Gary hasn't been bugged enough for unusual instruments...

    1924 GPO Lonely Hearts Club Band (sarrusophone shown in front row)



  8. #8

    Re: As if Gary hasn't been bugged enough for unusual instruments...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    Yes Karl you are right: probably a mixture between the bass sax and the bass clarinet is a good Sarrusaphone simulation....

    But how many scores you know for S. ...?

    But what about natural long trumpets for the Verdi's Aida march...?

    ...and Vivaldi's salmoè is really an ancient clarinet? and...ok, ok I'm only joking, I stop
    Why joking? I think the Aida trumpets would be a fabulous addition! I hadn't thought of it, but I would love to be able to use those long natural trumpets.

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: As if Gary hasn't been bugged enough for unusual instruments...

    Quote Originally Posted by jc5
    Why joking? I think the Aida trumpets would be a fabulous addition! I hadn't thought of it, but I would love to be able to use those long natural trumpets.
    Aida trumpets already sampled . A blast from the past.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    205

    Re: As if Gary hasn't been bugged enough for unusual instruments...

    Ever surprising Mr Garritan!

    Robert

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •