• Register
  • Help

Topic: PU and PD ?

Share/Bookmark

PU and PD ?

Being new to Virtual and sample based libraries, I was wondering why are there PU and PD sections to choose between when loading libraries, when you really need BOTH to play the instrument that you are loading ?.....I'm seeing that you can load gsp's to get both PU and PD along with GP files, but I don't understand why the seperate PU and PD files.....Thanks , JIm

Question Re: PU and PD ?

OK so tell me.....Is this a stupid question, or doesn't anybody know the answer ??.....

Re: PU and PD ?

Quote Originally Posted by synthnut
    OK so tell me.....Is this a stupid question, or doesn't anybody know the answer ??.....
    In my case, I have no idea what PD, PU or GP mean. I don't recall any of those abbreviations when loading instruments on my setup. You might need to give more detail on what you're using.

- Mike Greene

Same here. I have no idea what PU or PD are, and have never seen those before. Some specifics please....

If I've got it right:

Pedal Up, Pedal Down.

Multiple files because either the combined file would exceed the maximum filesize limit for a single file in Windows (4 gigs, IIRR) or has too many layers and must be loaded into multiple ports and linked if you are using Gigastudio 2.x

Ernie

Ernie,
    Thanks for the explaination .....

Guys,
    Sorry for not being more specific.... Sometimes I post Giga questions in this forum... My mistake for not being more specific....

Go Back to forum