• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cello 3 KS Solo - I'm confused

Share/Bookmark

Cello 3 KS Solo - I'm confused

I'm just learning my way around GPO. I loaded the String Quartet multi, and the cello was "Cello 3 KS Solo".

The range that shows up (in blue) on the Kontakt Player window is from C2 (2 octaves below middle C) up to C6 (2 octaves above middle C). All 4 octaves are blue. No yellow KS keys.

However, the cello actually plays only from G3 (the G below middle C) up to C6, and the actual keyswitching notes (which are NOT in yellow) are from C2 up to B2. Aren't these supposed to be in yellow?

Also, this leaves from C3 up to F#3 (still in blue) that produce no cello sound, nor are these KS notes.

Is this an error? Am I misunderstanding this? Both?

Thanks for any help.

David

Re: Cello 3 KS Solo - I'm confused

David,

I just checked this instrument on my system and it loads correctly. It shows both the correct range and keyswitches for the instrument. I'm not sure why it is not displaying properly on your system. I'm assuming you have updated the library. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Tom

Tom, there was a problem with the multis either not displaying properly (my bet) or them not loading the new instruments at all. I wonder if this could be the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Tom, there was a problem with the multis either not displaying properly (my bet) or them not loading the new instruments at all. I wonder if this could be the same issue.
    Jo,

Would an attempt at a solution be for him to load the instruments manually into each "slot"?
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Just for information, I have the same situation that David does.

Tom

Thank you both for trying to figure this out. Today I will try it again. I'll try loading the individual instruments.

(I assume that when you load a multi, it is loading the same instruments that I could load individually, right?).

I'll report back what I find, and exactly what I did.

David

Interesting. I didn't make it clear in my first post: I loaded it both as an individual instrument and also as part of the String Quartet Multi. On my system it displayed (and functioned) properly either way. Hmmm.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by David Collett
    Thank you both for trying to figure this out. Today I will try it again. I'll try loading the individual instruments.

(I assume that when you load a multi, it is loading the same instruments that I could load individually, right?).

I'll report back what I find, and exactly what I did.

David
    David, now this is going to sound stupid, and I am NOT trying to insult your intelligence, so please bear with me here. I tend to try the simple answers first. I only say this because what yoou described has happened to me often.

Often times when I have loaded up a muiti, which channel my midi controller is playing to and what I have SELECTED to LOOK at in the GPO player screen are two different things. I might be playing a cello playing through channel 1, but have solo violin selected in the GPO player (Say, channel 2) for what ever reason, so the ranges and stuff that I SEE do not match what I am actually playing. Sometimes it takes me by surprise because I had forgetten I had selected a different instrument. Not to mention Kontakt player doesn't use a very large display size for the text. Does that make sense? I am sure you already thought of that, but I wanted to just bring it up in case.

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by David Collett
    That's the intention.

Tom

Also, make sure you have updated GPO Studio as well. If the multis in the GPO Studio do not match the instruments in the updated GPO, you will get this error. The latest GPO Studio install is available on the GPO download page.

Go Back to forum