• Register
  • Help

Topic: I've Lost GPO!

Share/Bookmark

I've Lost GPO!

I have had a bit of a debacle with Digital Performer and have had to Downgrade to an earlier version, which involved de-installing both 4.52 and 4.12.

When O try to load an instrument track I no longer have any of my plugs there as options (GPO, Storm Drum, Stylus RMX)

How can I get them back?

Someone suggested trashing the "Audio Unit info Cache" which would make DP search for all available plug-ins but it didn't work for me.

I also tried reinstalling the latest GPO 1.2 update but that didn't work either.

Any ideas?

Re: I've Lost GPO!

What Windows system are you using?
    Styxx

Styxx, he is using a Mac, DP is only available for MAc.

To the original poster, try a search of your hard drive for file extensions .dll or .au and see what comes up. You may have to reinstall all your virtual instruments from scratch. See, when you install something like GPO it puts its .dll files in whichever folder you tell it to - if your DP folder is the only folder you put them in - then when you unistalled DP - you uninstalled your virtual instruments in the same operation.

That's also why the update wouldn't work seeing how it needs the original to be there first to update.

If however, when you installed the .dll files (maybe .au on a Mac - I'm not sure) they went to more than one folder then a search will show this and you can copy them into your DP folder. But seeing how the DP scan didn't show anything - I doubt this will work.

Sorry that it sounds like a full reinstall of all virtual instuments is the way to go - I know its a pian.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Thumbs up Re: I've Lost GPO!

Styxx, he is using a Mac, DP is only available for MAc.
    Oh! Liver and Loin says the butcher.
    Styxx

Thanks Alan for the great response and Styxx for the comic relief, it is much needed at this point!!!!!!!!!

I still have all of my virtual plugs on the computer thank god. They all appear in my Pro Tools plug in menu. I just checked.

But they are RTAS. I believe I need MAS for MOTU?!

Earlier I installed both versions of DP, it scanned to find available AU plug-ins, but it didn't do this on re-install. There must be a way to get it to do this search?

You can do that search manually. Just search for the file extension (.mas?) (sorry its been a long long time since I've used a mac)

Then once it finds those plugs - simply copy and paste them into your DP instruments folder - then relaunch DP.

The RTAS won't work in DP without some osrt of wrapper.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    You can do that search manually. Just search for the file extension (.mas?) (sorry its been a long long time since I've used a mac)

Then once it finds those plugs - simply copy and paste them into your DP instruments folder - then relaunch DP.

The RTAS won't work in DP without some osrt of wrapper.
    Still Suffereing here.

There is no DP instruments folder on the freshly installed DP 4.52

There are no extensions .mas

I just freshly Installed GPO and the 1.2 update and it still does not show up in DP pull down menu.

I MAY be getting somewhere.

I finally found all of the Virtual Instrument Plug-ins (I think) in the folder:

Library>Audio>Plug-ins>Components

But they still don't appear in my Digital Perfomer Pull-Down and I can't access them.

What do I have to do?

Re-installing didn't make GPO appear.

FOUND IT!

The MOTU Application Support Extension is the key!

I had removed it when I was trying to determine what the heck was going on with the constant DP crashes.

So now I have all of my virtual synths up and running and DP has not crashed for over three hours.

Now just have to begin adding back my plug-ins to see what is causing the problem.

Wondering if the new Pro Tools plug in updater might solve the problem?!?

Go Back to forum