• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any help appreciated with my demo

Any help appreciated with my demo

Hi guys, I've been lurking round here for awhile, so I decided to actually post something

Here's my latest track I've been working on.

Now, I reckon it's lacking bass... which is probably right, seeing as there aren't any bassy instruments in it (apart from the drums). Sooo... what do you suggest? I tried putting some double bass in there and it just stood out like a sore thumb.

I'm thinking maybe some sort of synthy bass, but I'm not sure what

Any ideas?

Oh, and any other critique on the demo itself is more than welcome

Niceville, Florida

Re: Any help appreciated with my demo

This is gret except for two things...first the bass as you allready know, if you fill up the mid-range (cellos and tbones) then a double bass and tuba shouldnt stick out as much, then you SHOULD be able to achieve that phatter bass sound...hopefully.

And one other thing is the string runs, I have the same problem that you have with them, they simply don't sound natural. Alot of people use recorded phrases on these things, but there are a couple of other ways to make them sound more natural. First make sure the notes are playd legato when you record it at the slower tempo. second re-reocord the line and play it slightly messier, all real strings section can't play it perfectly together so this helps with the realism.

Other than that I like this piece..makes me want to buy Stylus RMX!

Re: Any help appreciated with my demo

Wow, thanks for the quick response Evan. I'll try some of the tips you've suggested.. they sound quite promising.

Go Back to forum