• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: "Nightscape"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Nightscape"

    Fellow music freaks, (Speak for yourself, Larry.)

    Here's one that I just finished writing called "Nightscape".

    GPO samples include:

    Violins 1 KS Combo
    Violins 2 KS Combo
    Violas KS Combo
    Cellos KS Combo
    Basses KS Combo

    Other instruments were blended with the GPO samples. I regret the low gain. I will re-mix it when I can.

    My best to all,

    Larry A.

    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/Nightscape.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Nightscape"

    Not the normal Larry Alexander piece, but I liked it nonetheless. Maybe when the Jazz thing comes out, you can Garritanize some of those instruments. As you mention, a re-mix would be nice, I really like the melody of the strings, but they don't seem "full" enough . . . if that makes any sense. Thanks for sharing!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

  3. #3

    Re: "Nightscape"

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Not the normal Larry Alexander piece, but I liked it nonetheless. Maybe when the Jazz thing comes out, you can Garritanize some of those instruments. As you mention, a re-mix would be nice, I really like the melody of the strings, but they don't seem "full" enough . . . if that makes any sense. Thanks for sharing!
    That makes sense. Maybe I'm losing my "touch" , whatever that means.

    Thanks for listening.

    Regards,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canaan, NH
    Posts
    178

    Re: "Nightscape"

    Nice, very different for you... From farting bajo music to this - you've got it all! You are a walking college radio station! What did you use for this as far as bass, drums, etc?

    Regards,

    Tim

  5. #5

    Re: "Nightscape"

    Quote Originally Posted by tcohen
    What did you use for this as far as bass, drums, etc?

    Regards,

    Tim
    Some Kurzweil patches.

    Regards,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: "Nightscape"

    Not your usual Larry Alexander ragtime band. Nice and mellow nevertheless. I thought the strings were good for the type of music presented. If a fuller sound is desired, try layering and weaving solo strings.

    Thanks for posting this.

    Gary Garritan

  7. #7

    Re: "Nightscape"

    Hi Larry,
    I really enjoyed the piece. It's different than your usual style, but very good. Makes me think of the beach in the summer. Now all I need is a beach and a fruity drink and all would be well! Very Nice!

  8. #8

    Re: "Nightscape"

    Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Not your usual Larry Alexander ragtime band. Nice and mellow nevertheless. I thought the strings were good for the type of music presented. If a fuller sound is desired, try layering and weaving solo strings.

    Thanks for posting this.

    Gary Garritan
    Thanks, GG, and thank you for the suggestion.

    My best,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  9. #9

    Re: "Nightscape"

    Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    Hi Larry,
    I really enjoyed the piece. It's different than your usual style, but very good. Makes me think of the beach in the summer. Now all I need is a beach and a fruity drink and all would be well! Very Nice!
    Beaches are rather scarce in your state, aren't they?

    Chicks are rather scarce on this forum too.

    Thank you for listening.

    Regards,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    177

    Re: "Nightscape"

    This feels very much like music to a Japanese video game or Anime. Is there nothing you cannot compose :P?

    Very cool and much darker than your normal fare (I like the dark, it's less harsh on the eyes).

    Thanks, Larry!

    - Michael
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •