• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: your favorite product demo(s)

Share/Bookmark

your favorite product demo(s)

Mine are:

Original Compositions:

"Silver Giants" for EWQLSO Gold by Nick Phoenix. Good strong rhythmic beat, economic clear orchestrations and a memorable theme. Shows off Gold very well. So well it swayed me into buying it (thanks Nick!).

"Sphinx" for EWQLSO Gold by Nick Phoenix. Once again, excellent orchestration. Big, full and very convincing. Gee, you'd think the guy helped create this or something based on how deftly he applies the sounds.

"Evolutionary Progress" for Vienna Horizon Series French Oboe by Thomas Bergerson. It's actually more of a showpiece for VSL in general methinks. This is a gorgeous piece. And so damned realistic it's scary. But more to the point, it's an outstanding composition. I think this would be wonderful to hear a real orchestra take a wack at it. Love the cascading celeste and falling bassoon lines. Really moving. And the Oscar goes to.....

"Under The Sea" for EWQLSO Platinum by Thomas Bergerson. Damn, this guy is John Williams. Really strong melodic/thematic sense. And he gets such a damn full sound. Love his pandiatonic mode use in the intro.

"Celebration" for EWQLSO Platinum by Thomas Bergerson. Okay, this guy is secretly John Williams using a pseudonym. What compositional chops!!! And man does he maximize these samples. This quality of writing really inspires me to get as much out of Gold as possible. Whew!

Mock-ups

"Jupiter" from Holst's The Planets for VSL by Andrew Blaney. This is about as genuine as it gets folks. I listen with critical ears and I can honestly say this is 95% indistinguishable from the original (and I have several recordings of it).

"Princess Leia's Theme" for VSL by Herb Tucman. Once again, an exceptional rendering of a complex piece.

"BrucknerO" for EWQLSO Gold by C.Lahiff. Excellent rendition of a fave of my mine. Really shows the dynamic range of Gold. Great job. love the string work in particular.

Re: your favorite product demo(s)

Original Comps:

- Simon Ravn: The Traveller (VSL First Ed)

- Maarten Sprujit: TrainCatcher (VSL Pro Ed)

- Maarten Sprujit: Distant Times, Strings (Atmosphere Demo)

- Tobias Marberger: Phunkiffied (Trilogy Demo)

Mock-Ups

- Andrew Blaney: Debussy: La Mer, Jeux de vagues (VSL Classics)

- Andrew Blaney: Holst: Jupiter, The Planets (VSL Classics)

Actually, anything in the future by Andrew Blaney.

Hey Ned, good list. I'll check some of those out!

I was really thrilled by the AO demos and then later by GOS. I guess this also has something to do with your emotional response to the sound you hear. These days I guess I'm just getting too old to get knocked out of the chair

Simon Ravn, who Ned mentioned, has done remarkable progress. I've been hearing him around for many years and he has progressed really well. Great sense for the orchestra as a tool and good sense for melodies.
    Kid: When I become an adult I wanna be a musician.
    Parent: Son, you cannot become both.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomke
    Simon Ravn, who Ned mentioned, has done remarkable progress. I've been hearing him around for many years and he has progressed really well. Great sense for the orchestra as a tool and good sense for melodies.
    When I first started looking into all these libraries I noticed how his work stood out. A very talented guy! Maarten and Tobias as well, for sure.

Links, links, links... this is too much of a tease without links.

"Witches Ride" for EWQLSO Platinum.
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

I like the Ethno World 2 demo as well as the 13-minute Garritan Orchestral Strings demos. They're not really original pieces, per se, but they are very helpful and sound great.

Thomas Bergesen's "Flight through Rivendell" ..... was the piece that inspired me to take up orchestral mocking-uping (?).

Nick Pheonix's "First Flight" I love so much.

Maarten's first French Horn demo's just blew me away too. Can't remember their names now though.

Go Back to forum