• Register
  • Help

Topic: Halion 3.1 available - new streaming engine

Share/Bookmark

Halion 3.1 available - new streaming engine

Just a quick FYI - there's a new version of HALion 3.1 that fixes a ton of stuff and has an incredibly efficient streaming engine update.

http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=113
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Re: Halion 3.1 available - new streaming engine

So, you're telling me that it's okay to apply the upgrade before my client comes in on Friday?

I've downloaded it, and have waited because I don't want to muck up a project that works. But I'd *adore* having multiple audio outs in Digital Performer, which the update has promised. I figured I'd wait till after I have a happy client walking away with her music, *then* try the upgrade. But if there are lots of positive reports, I might go ahead...

Are you guys happy with 3.1? I just ordered Halion 3 so I guess the first thing I will have to do is to upgrade.

/Tobias

This is my "new" go-to sampler. I just loaded up a HUGE set of samples - SID Emperor, Scarbee J-Slap-n-Fingered, and RSP73 12V with a .2 second pre-load - lots of polyphony and NO GLITCHES. This is the delivery on the promise of this sampler, at long last.

I also got re-acquainted with the content that comes with it - and found some nice surprises, particularly with some of the "digital pad" type sounds (built off of a combination of acoustic samples and clever programming), and a really REALLY musical nylon acoustic guitar. Whenever I need to pull off a Spanish guitar riff, I know exactly which sound I'm going to load up and use.

It's like a brand new instrument all over again...

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    This is my "new" go-to sampler. I just loaded up a HUGE set of samples - SID Emperor, Scarbee J-Slap-n-Fingered, and RSP73 12V with a .2 second pre-load - lots of polyphony and NO GLITCHES. This is the delivery on the promise of this sampler, at long last.

I also got re-acquainted with the content that comes with it - and found some nice surprises, particularly with some of the "digital pad" type sounds (built off of a combination of acoustic samples and clever programming), and a really REALLY musical nylon acoustic guitar. Whenever I need to pull off a Spanish guitar riff, I know exactly which sound I'm going to load up and use.

It's like a brand new instrument all over again...
    WOW! Looking forward to it.. never really been a gigastudio user and I have a hard time to become friend with Kontakt so this upgrade is more than welcome. Makes me glad that developers can bundle with a halion engine now.. believe TrueStrike will be the first halion bundled library.

/Tobias

Houston,

I'm a Cubase/Halion guy, but am attracted to GS3 because of its capabilities with piano samples. Have you heard anything about Hal improving on this front?

DavidH

There are lots of good options out there. If I were you, I'd wait until after MusikMesse to survey the field and make a choice.

Go Back to forum