• Register
  • Help

Topic: midi controllers and Sibelius 3.1 [from a semi-newb]

Share/Bookmark

midi controllers and Sibelius 3.1 [from a semi-newb]

hey,

can someone please fill me in on:

a) what the different midi controllers do [aftertouch, breath, etc]
    b) how to write them into a midi file in sibelius [just like regular text, etc]

any help appreciated,

Rob.
    ""A woman should dress to attract attention. To attract the most attention, a woman should be either nude, or wearing something as expensive as getting her nude is going to be." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Re: midi controllers and Sibelius 3.1 [from a semi-newb]

Quote Originally Posted by banquo
    hey,

b) how to write them into a midi file in sibelius [just like regular text, etc]

Rob.
    You can get some good information on this from the Sibelius Tech Support chat forum. After I have another cup of French Roast coffee, I might be able to think of a solution for you. I use Sibelius, but not for this purpose.

Richard

Re: midi controllers and Sibelius 3.1 [from a semi-newb]

You wouldn't normally use aftertouch or breath controllers with Sibelius, unless you have these controllers already and want to make use of them. I think there is some info on the garritan.com support section on using breath controller with GPO - if not there are definitely a few users here who do it. That said, it's a somewhat advanced thing to do.
    Using mod wheel and sustain pedal with GPO are the most common controllers, and the ones you will most want to become familiar with. There is some info in the GPO Studio help file that will tell you how to manually insert mod wheel events (or any other controller events) in Sibelius, but if you are able to enter mod wheel controller events with a real mod wheel (and presumably while doing keyboard note entry) than that would certainly be the easiest way to get the mod wheel messages into the score. Once your controller messages are in the score, I believe you will always be able to see them if you select the menu item of View | Hidden Objects.

Go Back to forum