• Register
  • Help

Topic: 'Reasonable' alternative to ReCycle?

Share/Bookmark

'Reasonable' alternative to ReCycle?

I want to make my own REX loops for RMS, but to do that, I have to buy the entire Reason package, none of which I have any interest in except ReCycle. Are there any other less expensive stand-alone packages that do this conversion?

Eric, here's a chance for a great add-on to RMX, if there isn't a licencing issue...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Re: 'Reasonable' alternative to ReCycle?

Erm....Reason doesn't make any Rex files, it just uses them. Recycle is the only program (unfortunately) that creates Rex files. Reason and Recycle are 2 different programs btw.
    There's plenty of plugins that can chop up beats, like Dicer, Beatburner, Phatmatic Pro etc. but they cannot create Rex files. I think Propellerheads have monopoly

Zero-X BeatCreator can export Rex files but only in Rex 1 format, which is mono. I believe ReCycle is the only app that can export Rex 2 files (stereo). Like Mosquito said, ReCycle is available as a separate program.

/Yoss

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Zero-X BeatCreator can export Rex files but only in Rex 1 format, which is mono. I believe ReCycle is the only app that can export Rex 2 files (stereo). Like Mosquito said, ReCycle is available as a separate program.

/Yoss
    This is correct. Currently Propellerheads have not licensed Rex 2 export code to 3rd party developers so Recycle (or mono Rex1 export) is your only choice.

I have BeatCreator and it's a very good program at less than half the price of Recycle.

Now, if Eric and the guys at Spectrasonics want to add the BeatCreator native format to their import into RMX (Hint, Hint) that would be cool.
    - Layne

That's what I was afraid of. You can't buy ReCycle by itself, Mosquito, only as a part of Reason. Or if you can, I have not found it advertised... And the new version is due to be released soon (you can't even dl v2.5 from the site anymore.)

Thanks. I just want to get some of my other Akai and Giga libs into rex format.

I added Pure Tabla today - it was on my list of 'purchased, but almost unusable because not enough variations on a particular theme,' now I can take any loop and give it LIFE. LIFE!! I HAVE CREATED LIFE!!! - HA HA HAHAHAhaaaaa...

But Eric has created the monster. I'm having SO much fun...
    Dasher
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    You can't buy ReCycle by itself, Mosquito, only as a part of Reason. Or if you can, I have not found it advertised...
    I don't know where you've been looking but I assure you it's right there in the webshop at www.propellerheads.se .

/Yoss

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    I have to buy the entire Reason package, none of which I have any interest in except ReCycle.
    Dasher,

You are confused. Reason and ReCycle are two separate products:

$ 399 -- Reason 3
    http://www.mtlc.net/main.php?a=Produ...wItem=98&b=All

$199 -- ReCycle 2.1
    http://www.mtlc.net/main.php?a=Produ...Item=100&b=All

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    Wow, forget the Prop Shop - that's a much better price!

/Yoss

Not confused, just simply (and happily) wrong. Everyplace I looked, Reason was bundled with ReCycle, and RC wasn't available separately. I'm on it this evening. Thanks for the link.
    Dasher
    -------

Go Back to forum