• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO ACADEMY: SERVICE SITE & FTP

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation GPO ACADEMY: SERVICE SITE & FTP

Hi Academics,

I used 50Mb (yes it's a little amount today, but it's what i have) of free additional space of my account, to create the service site for the accademy support, and the e-mail postbox. Now we have:

* an FTP server 50Mb space to work in
    * the site that you can upload in the ftp folder (today only a trial page)

http://www.webalice.it/gpoacademy

* the e-mail box
    gpoacademy@aliceposta.it

All theachers will receive info and password to access to the mail box, (but please teacher set up your browser for not erasing messages in the server after download, so everybody can read messages received).

Now I'm looking for a programmer available to create the code for the web form entry (as designed by Trent, and approved by the community), and automatic e-mailing of results.

Please contact me if you are able and available to do it, I will provide you with the ftp username and password

Re: GPO ACADEMY: SERVICE SITE & FTP

Hey, Fabio.

Between TCC and my "real job", I'm pretty much out of spare time, but you can bet that I'll support your efforts in any way that I can.

Although I'm sure they won't need it, I'll be happy to point your programmers to technical resources and code snippets (try www.CodeProject.com for free web code - a great developers site that I've written columns for in the past).

Also, I'll be happy to put the full weight of the Composer Channel behind you guys and your efforts to help each other learn and grow (if you want shows, you got 'em!).

Your idea of an acadamy to help people improve their composition skills is way cool, and just another example of the wonderful and supportive atmosphere that makes the GPO community very unique!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Fabio,

I have some good news - there will be a separate subforum in the GPO forum called "GPO Academy". The adminstrators agreed to this new section and it should be active soon.

There should be a programmer out there who can help create the code for the web form entry. Also, we have some space on our servers if that will help.

Thanks for doing this.

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: GPO ACADEMY: SERVICE SITE & FTP

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Hey, Fabio.

Between TCC and my "real job", I'm pretty much out of spare time, but you can bet that I'll support your efforts in any way that I can.

Although I'm sure they won't need it, I'll be happy to point your programmers to technical resources and code snippets (try www.CodeProject.com for free web code - a great developers site that I've written columns for in the past).

Also, I'll be happy to put the full weight of the Composer Channel behind you guys and your efforts to help each other learn and grow (if you want shows, you got 'em!).

Your idea of an acadamy to help people improve their composition skills is way cool, and just another example of the wonderful and supportive atmosphere that makes the GPO community very unique!
    Thanks Chris, your support is really apreciated.

I really love this community.
    Because I remember the deep love for the music I had, finding it again in the energy and enthusiasm of beginners, as in the time availablity of senior members, I had the strong temptation to do something useful for you all. Hope it will go on.

Thumbs up Re: GPO ACADEMY: SERVICE SITE & FTP

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Fabio,

I have some good news - there will be a separate subforum in the GPO forum called "GPO Academy". The adminstrators agreed to this new section and it should be active soon.

There should be a programmer out there who can help create the code for the web form entry. Also, we have some space on our servers if that will help.

Thanks for doing this.

Gary Garritan
    Gary,
    I can't find words, thank you so much.
    You are so friendly as usual...now we must give back to you good results in exchange!

I'll do my best...

This is really coming along nicely. I will go through the forum today and compile the list of volunteers so far and what they want to do. I, after all, do very little in my day job. (The perfect job for a composer, if only they would let me bring my laptop)
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio

Now I'm looking for a programmer available to create the code for the web form entry (as designed by Trent, and approved by the community), and automatic e-mailing of results.
    I this posted elsewhere but thought it might be better placed here: I came up with a simple mail form. I’ll put it up on my website for testing and comments later today when I get home.

If you want to do more (i.e., put the forms into a database) it will take a little longer. For something like this I would make a simple flat-file, text-based database and make some simple scripts to pull up and format the data. Like I said, it may take a few weeks to get that part done. email, on the other hand, should be set today.
    Trent P. McDonald

IMHO I think the email should be plenty. If the Academy wants a database, whoever receives the applications can organize that pretty simply.

Fabio: if you need any more help with the organizing process just tell me. I have a LOT of time on my hands at work.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

I can help out with the programming, I can host a full password protected site for the teachers. I have 7+ gigs disk space and 192 gigs bandwidth if that helps.
    Aaron Clark, C/C++, J2EE, Flash, Perl and PHP programming.
    Logic Pro 7.0.1, G5 1800x2, 3 Gig ram, GPO and GOS lite.
    My site: http://www.clarkaudio.com
    Where I work now: http://www.blinex.com/

Quote Originally Posted by UNIX_GURU
    I can help out with the programming, I can host a full password protected site for the teachers. I have 7+ gigs disk space and 192 gigs bandwidth if that helps.
    drooool...

blub blub
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Go Back to forum