• Register
  • Help

Topic: EWQLSO Gold with Mini-Barebones?

Share/Bookmark

EWQLSO Gold with Mini-Barebones?

Hi!

I saw many different Multimedia Mini Barebone PCs, which look very cool, and can be used as a CD player without booting windows. Are they ok for use with EWQLSO Gold. The maximum amount of RAM I can put in it are 2 Gb. Is that enough for about 6 instances of EWQLSO Gold? I think that would be more than enough for me. How does it work with 1,5Gb? How many instances can I load if I use the PC with a clean HDD?

Thanks for your help!

Re: EWQLSO Gold with Mini-Barebones?

It depends on your DFD settings, of course. With 2GB RAM and solid DFD settings (and a larger buffer) you should be able to run at least 5 instances no prob.. maybe up to 7-8 even.

One thing that you might want to be aware of is the issue of cooling. Just make sure that your computer is in a well ventilated area. I know that some mini-barebones use processors that run a little cooler, but sometimes the cooler temperature can compromise the processor speed.

Beeson

Thanks for your help. I'll use an Intel Northwood processor, because it's not as hot as prescot processors. And what about 1,5gb RAM? How many instances can I load in that case? (The problem is, I have one 1 gb bar and a 512 mb one, the change from 512 to 1024 would be expensive) The PC will be really clean. I'll only use it for Music and Internet (and word). No games on the harddisk only cubase, some libs, word and the standard windows applications. When I make music I disconnect from the internet. Would it be possible to open max. 5 instances of gold with that setup?

Thanks for your help again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Beeson
    One thing that you might want to be aware of is the issue of cooling. Just make sure that your computer is in a well ventilated area. I know that some mini-barebones use processors that run a little cooler, but sometimes the cooler temperature can compromise the processor speed.

Beeson
    Being a former tech and engineer I HAVE to ask, where did you get THAT information?

Ernie

Power supply on the mini-barebones I saw seem to be really low. Like 200watts. Does this make a difference? I'm use to seeing 300-400 watt specs on power supplies.

Jose

Go Back to forum