• Register
  • Help

Topic: What's that tune that accompanies the Composer's CD Advertisement on the CC?

Share/Bookmark

What's that tune that accompanies the Composer's CD Advertisement on the CC?

I've been listening to the Composer's Channel all afternoon and I've heard that commercial a few times. I really like that tune with the driving drum beat and the forceful horns.

Was that done by somebody here? Are those horns from GPO?

It's a really cool tune. Congrats to somebody out there!

Re: What's that tune that accompanies the Composer's CD Advertisement on the CC?

To be honest, I'd have to look it up to see what the names of the songs were for which spot. However, there are three guys who contributed pretty much all of the bed music for our spots, and I just can't say enough good things about them:
    • Trent McDonald
    • David Campbell
    • Thomas Bishop
    We used Trent's stuff from St. George and the Dragon (I know his is the theme song for the Regular Guys show among other things), so you'll spot his style from this work easily. I thought it was the perfect backing for Deirdre's "Is your co-worker actually Mozart in disguise?"

We used a lot of stuff from the Cloud Suite and other things from Thomas, all very light, smooth, elegant sounding pieces. Personally, one of my favorites is the pizzacato stuff for the theme of At the Movies.

David has all that really intense and contemporary sounding stuff from the Syd soundtrack. I absolutely love the brassy horns in the Applied Innovations spot (I'm a big French horn fan), and I frequently can't get that one out of my head.

Anyway, even though this music is all used in our shows as well where we give them the normal credit, when I put out the word asking for some stuff to use for bed music, they were all cool enough to let me use their compositions in an anonymous manner. These guys rock.

So hey, everybody - if, like Looper and I, you hear some of this background music and think it's cool, chime in and let these guys know. They really helped me out when I was trying to hit a deadline, and I think they're waaay overdue for a round of applause!

And thank you, Looper, for bringing it up!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: What's that tune that accompanies the Composer's CD Advertisement on the CC?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    To be honest, I'd have to look it up to see what the names of the songs were for which spot. However, there are three guys who contributed pretty much all of the bed music for our spots, and I just can't say enough good things about them:
    [list][*]Trent McDonald[*]David Campbell[*]Thomas Bishop
    !

Thanks to Trent, David, and Thomas!

All the commercial music was really good, I just particularly liked that one tune that I mentioned. Now if we could just do something about all that talking over top of it.

Well, I'm off to the composer's channel to check out the bios of the above named suspects.

Go Back to forum