• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does Anyone Recognize These Samples?

Share/Bookmark

Does Anyone Recognize These Samples?

This is one of those pieces that is very hard to get just right. It was initially composed for a love scene in a local independent film, but it was rejected.

http://www.planetcanadice.com/Music/...ve_M.Drost.mp3

After a flute introduction, the english horn--I think it's an english horn--establishes the theme a few measures in. There's hardly a superfluous note present.

The bassoon solo (I think it is a bassoon) at about :58 stands out.

After years of working with these samples I think I have found their rightful place in this piece.

Anyone want to hazard a guess regarding the sample library used here?

I welcome your comments.

Marko

Re: Does Anyone Recognize These Samples?

Quote Originally Posted by Marko
    Anyone want to hazard a guess regarding the sample library used here?
    Man, thats some tough love! The bulk of the instrumentation in there is from Advanced Orchestra's orchestral FX selections, unless I'm mistaken. It sounds like you may have edited a few of them, though. Those FX are actually the last ones from AO that I regularly use. Your music is always mindbending in one way or another, quite impressive!

Re: Does Anyone Recognize These Samples?

JoelS,

You got it right! Advanced Orch v.5 Brass and FX.

I did not edit any of the sounds, but I did add some background layers from other libraries (percussion and some pizzicato from EWSO).

I've always wanted to use the FX alone in a piece and I've nearly done it here. But it is somewhat incomplete. After alI, I did not use the contrabassoon helicopter patch or dreaming monster tuba.

Marko

Go Back to forum