• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Studio Files for Overture Sound Sets!!

Share/Bookmark

GPO Studio Files for Overture Sound Sets!!

Hi Everyone!

I was delving into Overture and decided to create GPO Studio files for all the standard Sound Sets in Overture.

I first thought, well, SOMEONE HAS to have done this before and posted them on the GPO site or Forum, but I looked and looked, no luck. So, I decided to make my own and then share them with all of you.

These should save you a lot of creative time not having to manually load all the samples up in GPO Studio yourself.

There are some older sample names from the original GPO which have been changed or omitted from the latest update (like Organ Baroque) I have substituted them with what I feel are logical choices. Of course, the old samples with the "Ens." names are now named "Plr." in the updated version. I tried to match as closely as possible the old with the new Forgive me if any of these aren't correct.

Enjoy!!

Get them HERE:
    GPO Studio Files for Overture Sound Sets

If there are any problems with any of these files, let me know so I can fix the links!

Cheers!!
    Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Talking Re: GPO Studio Files for Overture Sound Sets!!

Thank you so much for doing this - it really is a time-saver!

Re: GPO Studio Files for Overture Sound Sets!!

Jerry,

These GPO Studio file templates are going to be a real time saver for Overture and GPO Users. It would be nice if these could automatically launch when the corresponding Overture template is openned. I'll talk to Don and see if this is at all possible.

Thanks so much for taking the time and trouble to do this.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Jerry,

These GPO Studio file templates are going to be a real time saver for Overture and GPO Users. It would be nice if these could automatically launch when the corresponding Overture template is openned. I'll talk to Don and see if this is at all possible.

Thanks so much for taking the time and trouble to do this.

Gary Garritan
    Not a problem at all! I was thinking the same thing about having Overture somehow trigger GPO Studio to also load the corresponding Studio files when choosing the sound sets in Overture. That part would be great! But, I am thinking that with full VST implementation in Overture V. 4, will these GPO Studio files even be useful?

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

I think Don was looking at a way to load GPO Studio files but I'm not sure where that ended up. I can bring it up and see where it is and if its going to happen. It would really be useful in Overture 4 SE. (hint hint nudge nudge.)

Jerry,

Thanks so much! I can't wait to try 'em. This is outstanding!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tcohen
    Jerry,

Thanks so much! I can't wait to try 'em. This is outstanding!

Tim
    You're more than welcome, Tim. I was hoping that these would come in handy! Glad to see they are getting some use.
    Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!

Will these work with Kontakt full? I am using Kontakt 1.53 (two or three instances) within Forte 1.5 and score in Overture SE. This is a graet combination byw since I can control dynamics on a per instrument basis as I score. I found that it was was not possible with GPO studio and CC control messages were received in all chnnels of the GPO Kontakt VSTi.

No these files are designed to load into GPO Studio, they basically save states of GPO Studio.

Just a question for you, OT, I'm not sure I understand your statement about control dynamic per instrument levels in GPO Studio. Could you elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    Hi Everyone!

I was delving into Overture and decided to create GPO Studio files for all the standard Sound Sets in Overture.

I first thought, well, SOMEONE HAS to have done this before and posted them on the GPO site or Forum, but I looked and looked, no luck. So, I decided to make my own and then share them with all of you.
    Hi Jerry,

thank you so much for this work, this helps a lot. Until you've done it, nobody thought about these files...
    great idea,and nice to offer this to all of us.
    Once again, thank you for this
    Regards
    Laurent
    On mac G 5 2x2,5 Ghz, 2,5 Go RAM

Go Back to forum