• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Topic: I'm trying to understand

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Question I'm trying to understand

    I don't really understand the GPO Academy but I would love to get involved on the student side. I have been getting classically trained in music over the past couple of years. My only problem is in getting started with my actual composing and realizing my ideas in GPO (mock-ups). I haven't studied the art of orchestration with a teacher yet either but I've been doing it on my own a little. I am very enthusiastic about the Academy (even though I don't fully understand it) and would definitely like to get invloved.

    So, what do I gotta do?

  2. #2

    Re: I'm trying to understand

    Quote Originally Posted by 88chopin
    I don't really understand the GPO Academy but I would love to get involved on the student side. I have been getting classically trained in music over the past couple of years. My only problem is in getting started with my actual composing and realizing my ideas in GPO (mock-ups). I haven't studied the art of orchestration with a teacher yet either but I've been doing it on my own a little. I am very enthusiastic about the Academy (even though I don't fully understand it) and would definitely like to get invloved.

    So, what do I gotta do?
    Welcome...this sounds like just the place you want to be :-)

    To get some background on the purpose of the Academy, just read thru the posts, starting with the initial offer from Fabio. Things are just now getting started and they are in the process of getting a website up where each of us can do an email application outlining our formal training (or lack thereof), musical background, composition interests, etc. There is a first draft of the application on the Academy sub-form.

    Once they have the applications, the folks who have volunteered to be teachers will get together to decide what "courses" they will offer, etc. This is all being worked as we speak.

    So keep an eye out here in the Academy sub-forum for further developments and the announcment to "submit your applications".

    <<If I got any of that wrong, I'm sure that Joseph or one of the teachers will post a correction>>.

  3. #3

    Re: I'm trying to understand

    First off, it is free. So go ahead and fill out the application form, tell us what you want to learn, and we'll set you up soon.


    GPO Academy Online Application
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

  4. #4

    Smile Re: I'm trying to understand

    please simply post your adhesion form, as described in the topic!

    Then you will receive infos and you help us to rganize the right classes!

  5. #5

    Re: I'm trying to understand

    IT DIDN"T WORK. It won't submit by "default mail client is not properly installed."

    Help

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wilton, NH
    Posts
    2,450

    Re: I'm trying to understand

    Quote Originally Posted by 88chopin
    IT DIDN"T WORK. It won't submit by "default mail client is not properly installed."

    Help
    I wrote this for someone else, but it might help -

    The problem is your e-mail client is not set up (which it doesn’t need to be to use AOL). I’m pretty sure you can tell your browser (MS IE?) to use whatever mail client you use including AOL.

    Hmmm. Let me think.

    If you use something else beside Outlook for mail (like AOL) and Internet Explorer try the following –

    1. Click the tools menu in Internet Explorer.
    2. Click Internet Options
    3. Click the Programs tab
    4. Click the drop down for e-mail (it should presently say Outlook).
    5. Choose the e-mail client you use (like AOL)
    6. Click OK.

    I don’t have Netscape on this computer so I don’t know for it.

    Anyway, if this doesn’t work, post the Internet browser you are using and the e-mail client you usually use.

    Hope this helps.
    Trent P. McDonald

  7. #7

    Re: I'm trying to understand

    I got on a different computer... and got the same problem with a different alert message.

    Pleeeeeeeease tell me that there's an alternate method for applying. Maybe I could just send an email or something?

  8. #8

    Re: I'm trying to understand

    Quote Originally Posted by 88chopin
    I got on a different computer... and got the same problem with a different alert message.

    Pleeeeeeeease tell me that there's an alternate method for applying. Maybe I could just send an email or something?

    Simple. Just type the answers for the application form questions and your information into an email and send it to:


    gpoacademy@aliceposta.it
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •