• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Academy Now Accepting Applications

Share/Bookmark

GPO Academy Now Accepting Applications

To avoid confusion I am starting a new thread with the web application form - it is now live and on-line. There may be cosmetic changes down the road but Fabio has been receiving applications from those who tested the system (you don't have to resend). It looks like we are good to go, just follow this link to get started -

http://www.webalice.it/gpoacademy/gp...tion-form.html
    Trent P. McDonald

Re: GPO Academy Now Accepting Applications

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    To avoid confusion I am starting a new thread with the web application form - it is now live and on-line. There may be cosmetic changes down the road but Fabio has been receiving applications from those who tested the system (you don't have to resend). It looks like we are good to go, just follow this link to get started -

http://www.webalice.it/gpoacademy/gp...tion-form.html
    Trent,

Great Job!

Just a thought here...if it's possible it would be nice if the receiving mailbox could send an auto-reply or "acknowledgement" email so the user knows his/her mail has been received. I got the same set of questions that cptexas got, but knew how to answer, so it appears that the mail was sent correctly...but I was using Opera, so I'm not sure.

For the first couple of days, we might want to post a list here in the forum identifying (by forum user-id) those applications that have been received.

this is gonna be GRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAATTTTTTT!

Hey, Trent -

Nice work on the form, man. Thought I'd offer one small suggestion on a usability issue. It's trivial, really, but just wanted to give what little bit of constructive help that I could to the great project here, since I'm useless as a music teacher.

In the left hand column, you have the descriptive text for the fields underlined. Even though your actual hyperlinks are a different color, it's a defacto design standard on web pages that an underline indicates a navigation link. It's only a small opportunity for confusion, but why detract from the great job you've done on the rest of it?

I'd suggest removing the underline and either leaving it plain text, or, if emphasis is desired, making it bold, as that doesn't conflict with any navigation standards.

Anyway, really tiny stuff, more polish than anything else - hope it's helpful. Glad to see the Academy is going so well, guys!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Hi Christopher. Before I decided to show the borders on the table I underlined everything so you could see it clearly. I guess it's no longer needed and I'll take them out. Unfortunately I just got in from shoveling snow, only about 8 inches, but it's 33 F (about 0 C) so it's real wet and sticky. In other words, I'm tired and I'm going to relax

I haven't filled out my own application yet...
    Trent P. McDonald

UPDATE:

In the mail box of the accademy we are collecting applications.

Somebody noticed problems, but was anyway able to use the simple e-mail.

Then if you can't use properly the form, simply post your application as an e-mail to:

gpoacademy@aliceposta.it

I'm certain that in few days, like in top down developement we will have better and effective management. Thanks to all (mainly Trent) for contribution.

I may be late to the game, but I've just sent in an application. Lurked around the forums for a while, but the GPO Acadamy is just the kind of thing I've always look forward to.

Hope to become involved.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by DrChek
    I may be late to the game, but I've just sent in an application. Lurked around the forums for a while, but the GPO Acadamy is just the kind of thing I've always look forward to.

Hope to become involved.

Steven
    Steven,
    Welcome! Right now we have two classes going on, only one of which is still open (I believe the seminar by Poolman is already full...see the thread "Personal tuition here").

For the seminar that is still open, check out the thread for "Composition Seminar Part 1" and the soon to be created "Composition Seminar Part 2" by JessH. There's probably still time to get in on the assignments (check with JessH). Jess has published an email address where you can send completed assignments for his review and comment...check the thread for details.

There are also two "lectures" by Fabio: "1st OPEN LECTURE: HOW AND WHY READING MUSIC" and "2nd OPEN LECTURE: MUSIC DISSECTION".

;-)

Jim

Go Back to forum