• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: My wife is gonna kill me...

Share/Bookmark

My wife is gonna kill me...

... but I finally plunked down the cash for GPO. The Beethoven sonatas and some of Jess Hendricks' pieces made me do it.

Now, how to placate the missus? I'm thinking I'll re-orchestrate a song I wrote for her when she turned 21 (and no, I'm NOT saying how long ago that was... I'm not stupid).

Anyway, here's hoping I'll have something to contribute sooner rather than later.

Re: My wife is gonna kill me...

Since I'm a wife myself, I can tell you that it's a great idea. If it doesn't work though, you can try to play the "well look at all of the money that we spend on your hair/nails/shoes" card, and go for the guilt... you deserve it!

Just show her the price of the "competition".
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    Just show her the price of the "competition".
    That is a good one, Alan. I only have one thing to say - "It is easier to receive forgiveness than permission!"

JK.

My wife is not very tech or music stuff savvy, She doesn't understand my affinity of computers, gadgets and gizmos and orchestral libraries - THOUGH - once she heard GPO in action, she started coming up with a list of my older compositions which she felt would be great to re-do with GPO. She is a musician herself, but it isn't her passion. She usually rolls her eyes at me - I am a nut.

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by ZachBG
    Now, how to placate the missus? I'm thinking I'll re-orchestrate a song I wrote for her when she turned 21 (and no, I'm NOT saying how long ago that was... I'm not stupid).
    Better still, compose something brand new for her, telling her how much better she is now than when she was merely 21.

We shipped it out today. Thanks for supporting TCC, man - we all really appreciate it, and we're looking forward to getting you on the air!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Better still, compose something brand new for her, telling her how much better she is now than when she was merely 21.
    Oooooh, THAT's a keeper! Quick, delete your post so she'll think it was my idea...!

Just tell her that this will allow the two of you to spend more quality time together... Wait. On second thought, avoid that topic completely!

-JF

I Asked most of the forum members to Convince my wife about getting GPO. She gave in and seems impressed by what it has to offer. I've just mow received GPO and installing as I type. Can't wait to get started and learn this impressive program. Looking forward to give some demos when I have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZachBG
    Oooooh, THAT's a keeper! Quick, delete your post so she'll think it was my idea...!
    Hey, I'll just tell her I was quoting it from one of your earlier threads. Solidarity, brother!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Problem is, that wouldn't work in my case because she'd just ask me what the heck was wrong with how she was when she was 21. LOL

Go Back to forum