• Register
  • Help

Topic: Q about GPO and Sibelius

Share/Bookmark

Q about GPO and Sibelius

Hello!!
    I wonder if it's possible to scan in a complete score of an orchestra (no strings though) to Sibelius and then have GPO play the whole piece.

Re: Q about GPO and Sibelius

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer
    Hello!!
    I wonder if it's possible to scan in a complete score of an orchestra (no strings though) to Sibelius and then have GPO play the whole piece.
    Probably so; but not with the version of scanner software included with Sibelius. For details on the scanning procedure, I believe there are some instructions in the Siblelius manual, and further help available on the Sibelius Tech Support chat page. Once you have that part under control, no reason why you could not play it back with Sibelius with GPO or any other sound source that could provide the voicings you require. You could also easily delete unwnated tracks/voices.

Richard
    Last edited by rwayland; 03-11-2005 at 07:18 PM. Reason: spelling corrections

I've tried the scanning software that comes with Sibelius, and didn't get good results. Maybe their full version has enough smarts to do a better job.

I think it also depends on the quality of your score and of your scanner. If the score is a really nice print, the pages lay flat, and it follows modern rules, you might get away with it. If the score is bound, has sloppy printing, is handwritten or follows archaic or erratic rules, forget it.

In other words, if everything is pefect, you have a chance that it will work. Kind of.

-JF

Thanx guys!
    The stuff I will scan are real printed scores used at a local music school, so it might work.

The most accurate scanning software currently available is SHARPEYE. It produces a music XML file that can be brought into any notation program which reads music XML files. More info at: www.recordare.com

Good luck,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    The most accurate scanning software currently available is SHARPEYE. It produces a music XML file that can be brought into any notation program which reads music XML files. More info at: www.recordare.com

Good luck,
    Jeff
    Sharpeye is amazing and accurate. I have used it with excellent results.

Gary Garritan

Yes, no question, SharpEye is the best.

Robert

Go Back to forum