• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: What would you like in the next RMX update?

Share/Bookmark

What would you like in the next RMX update?

I truly love this app, but I can still see room for improvements/additions. I'll start:

An option to have the half and double buttons latch, so you can audition different grooves without hearing them first at the original tempo.

Subfolders in the User libs, as deep as need be.

Drop-down lists of parameters that can be midi controlled, to match the list of midi ccs.

Master Start-stop under program control as an option.

Option to restart just the subset of tracks that were playing when stop was hit, rather than turning them all on.

Anything else? If any of these are already implemented and I'm just too dense to find it, please chime in...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Re: What would you like in the next RMX update?

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    Subfolders in the User libs, as deep as need be.
    This is number one on my wish list. I’m planning on doing a lot of Rex file conversions and I can see this getting unwieldy pretty quickly.

/Yoss

I'd love a 16 step sequencer like FL studio or Re-drum. I'm relying too much on the loops at the moment. It'd be nice to do some actual drum programming instead of just having the Chaos designer come up with all the variation.

Thanks for the feedback on what you'd like to see.

Some of what you want is already there, or there are easy ways to achieve this already. :-)

An option to have the half and double buttons latch, so you can audition different grooves without hearing them first at the original tempo.
    Good idea, but one way to make it easier to do this is to learn these functions as MIDI buttons, so this can happen very quickly from your controller.

Drop-down lists of parameters that can be midi controlled, to match the list of midi ccs.
    Not sure exactly what you mean or want....All the parameters can be MIDI controlled :-)

Since that's over 10,000 parameters, I don't think a list of those would be that useful.

However, we are working on a bunch of things for the next update that allows you to better manage the MIDI Learn power of RMX....I think you'll like it a lot. :-)

Master Start-stop under program control as an option.
    Already works under MIDI Learn as of 1.2

Option to restart just the subset of tracks that were playing when stop was hit, rather than turning them all on.
    You can already do this too...each Part's Play button is MIDI Learnable.

All the best,

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    This is number one on my wish list. I’m planning on doing a lot of Rex file conversions and I can see this getting unwieldy pretty quickly.

/Yoss
    Some improvements on REX Library conversion are on the way, but make sure you use what's already there. A lot of people don't realize that the Converted REX Suites can be reorganized into new User Libraries already.

Watch the SAGE Converter video tutorial, and it shows you how to do this.

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by Mosquito
    I'd love a 16 step sequencer like FL studio or Re-drum. I'm relying too much on the loops at the moment. It'd be nice to do some actual drum programming instead of just having the Chaos designer come up with all the variation.
    Built-in step sequencers are cool, but remember that you can already program your own patterns for the over 10,000 samples in the Sound Menu section by simply using your host sequencer to do that. ;-)

spectrum

(in Intakt you can map across the keyboard several loops and play them)....if you could set keyboard or computer keyboard triggers with toggle off/on for each of the 8 channels that would come in handy...if you can do this already I must have missed it.

Dare I say it?....Stand alone FX like the Korg Legacy Collection...Now that would be a HUGE upgrade BTW- I should finally have my very own Legacy in possession Monday..Can't wait! Also should be getting Backbeat according to UPS tracking Monday as well...I guess Monday is going to be a BIG day!

Quote Originally Posted by moosethree
    (in Intakt you can map across the keyboard several loops and play them)....if you could set keyboard or computer keyboard triggers with toggle off/on for each of the 8 channels that would come in handy...if you can do this already I must have missed it.
    I saw Eric do something like that with one of the Expansions in one of the online videos...He was using a Korg MicroKontrol?? I think it's called to trigger a standard beat and by simply hitting a different key pad got a drum fill and back to the original pad for the standard beat again so I'm pretty sure you can do that already...

A Manual. I am unable to view the included DVD. In the past (through hard experience) I have learned not everything can be wrapped, there are confusing authorization schemes etc. Never thought I had to ask if it had a manual. Currently, it sits on my hard drive taking up space and has been used 0 times. They keep saying they will get to one "shortly." Hmmmmmmm

Take Care
    Never wrestle in the mud with a pig.
    You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

Go Back to forum