• Register
  • Help

Topic: CDXtract advice

Share/Bookmark

CDXtract advice

I have a directory on my local hard drive that has the exact structure of what would appear on an akai formatted CD.

how do I use CDXtract to convert these files to EXS24 files?

cheers,

Noah

Re: CDXtract advice

Hello Noahwallach ,

Once you open your Akai Cd , it should appear as :

Partitions under the Folder Tab
    Banks under the Bank tab
    Presets under the Preset tab
    and the samples of each preset you click on , under the sample tab .

To convert an instrument, double click on one of the presets and chose EXS24 from the menu . Select the directories for your Programms and Samples ( Best use same directory for both . )

If you wish to convert the whole Akai Cd , select everything in the Bank or partition menu and click on SAVE . Everything you selected should be converted , with all the Patches and the samples in the same directory ( the one you chose before )
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by noahwallach
    I have a directory on my local hard drive that has the exact structure of what would appear on an akai formatted CD.

how do I use CDXtract to convert these files to EXS24 files?

cheers,

Noah
    Sorry , i think i understood wrong the first time .

In what format are the files on your harddrive ? To search for them , click on the corresponding Format on the top bar and then go to the tree view and search for the files in their folders
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Yeah what I am seeing is a parent directory with subdirectories called Partition A, Partition B, Partition C ... Partition I.

how can I convert and Organize these samples in the respective subdirs into EXS24 instruments. can CDXtract do that?

is there any program out there that can do that?

cheers,

Noah

If you select all the partitions and press save, they should all be saved in EXS format with the same folders as the original was .
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

sorry really new at this. where do I select the partitions?

I am running CD Xtract 4.2.0 for OSX.
    I am at the main screen with Akai S5/6k chosen and can only highlight one of the partitions at a time.

any clues please?

cheers,
    Noah

If you can only highlight one section at a time, that's because it's the demo version. The demo only allows you to convert one partition.
    I think a favorite gag in medival times was to sneak up behind a Knight and stick a "kick me" sign on his armor with a magnet.

Go Back to forum