• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigsampler min/recommended requirements

Share/Bookmark

Gigsampler min/recommended requirements

I have an opportunity to buy a Pentium2 200Mhz 96MB 4.1Gig for $200 or so.

Worth it? Can I use it as a Gigasampler standalone machine?

If not, I would replace the motherboard +CPU- anyone have and recommendations/prices to make this a usable gigasampler machine?

I will probably replace the 4.1gig with a 16 gig HD btw. IDE. Dunno if the motherboard supports UDMA or not. Anyway, suggestions appreciated!

Re: Gigsampler min/recommended requirements

Q: What are the system requirements?

A: The preliminary requirements for the software are (and this is subject to change):

Minimum Requirements: Windows95, Pentium P166 MMX or Cyrix MII-300, 32MB RAM, Fast dedicated 2GB Hard Drive (<<10ms access time), CD ROM Drive, MIDI interface, SVGA display (800x600),Sound Card with Giga compatible or Microsoft DirectSound compatible driver

Recommended: Windows95, Pentium 2 MMX processor (or faster) or or Cyrix MII-300, 128MB RAM, Ultra or Ultra-ATA, or Ultra/Ultra-Wide SCSI dedicated 4GB Hard Drive (<<8ms access time) with 9.5ms or less access time, CD ROM Drive, MIDI interface, SVGA display (1024x768), Sound Card with Giga compatible or Microsoft DirectSound compatible driver.

Dream Machine: Windows95, Pentium II 300 MMX processor (or faster) or Cyrix MII-300, 128MB RAM, Dual Ultra-Wide SCSI dedicated 6GB Hard Drive (<<8ms access time), CD ROM or DVD Drive, MIDI interface, SVGA display (1024x768), Sound Card with Giga compatible or Microsoft Direct Sound compatible driver.

Re: Gigsampler min/recommended requirements

John

If it was me... I\'d buy it anyway. See if it works and if you need to change the motherboard or H/D then at least your not forking out for a case/floppy drive/ram etc etc....

I am running GS LE on a AMD 200mhz, 64mb ram and a motherboard of questionable origin.

KIA the Bargainhunter

Go Back to forum