• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help (please): GPO, Oveture and FL studio

Share/Bookmark

Help (please): GPO, Oveture and FL studio

I just simply don't get. I've read the manual, I've looked throught the forums. I've tried in my sequencer. I've tried stand alone.

I just simply can not get these two programs to work together (overture and GPO, inside FLStudio would be a big bonus). Anyone know what I'm doing wrong and can explain it too me as if I'm a small child . I dont unserstand what I'm suppose to load in Overture (if anything). In other words I'm lost.

Is there an easier way to type notation and send it midi to an FL channel, without consistently uploading midi files into piano roll?

Please help

Thanks much

Re: Help (please): GPO, Oveture and FL studio

Can you load GPO as a VSTi in FL Studio and get this to work? In theory this should be fine to do since FL Studio supports VSTi, but I've never used FL Studio yet.
    If you want to use Overture with GPO, the easiest way to do this is to use GPO Studio, which is on disc 4, or (better yet) download the latest version from the garritan.com support section.
    If you really need to use Overture/GPO/FL Studio together, then once you've set FL Studio up to use GPO as a VSTi plugin, the only way I would know to use Overture with this setup would be to use a virtual midi router. I happen to have one Go to marblesound.com and download the Maple virtual midi cable, freebie download. After installing Maple VMC and rebooting, you would setup Overture to send all midi out over the Maple out(s), and you would set up FL Studio to use the Maple in(s). As an example, if you used the Maple out 1 in Overture, the midi sent over it would arrive in FL Studio on Maple In 1. Make sure that for any program that you have using the Maple VMC, that program only uses a single side (Maple ins, or Maple outs) of the cable!! Doing otherwise risks creating a midi feedback loop that can crash your system. It's not really a big deal to reboot if you ever misconfigure it that way, but it's easier if you know this ahead of time.
    You'll probably want to read through the brief description on the Maple VMC page, so that you understand the concept of how a virtual midi cable works.

hhmmm. A thought just occured to me. Iam not sure if this will work but i might give a go myself.

Fruitystudio can be used as a multi output vst. Theres an option for that when installing it.

So maybe you could load that into overture and either load Gpo into that??? or send the outputs of FS to gpo within Overture???
    Grim Fandango explained jazz to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla
    Can you load GPO as a VSTi in FL Studio and get this to work? In theory this should be fine to do since FL Studio supports VSTi, but I've never used FL Studio yet.
    If you want to use Overture with GPO, the easiest way to do this is to use GPO Studio, which is on disc 4, or (better yet) download the latest version from the garritan.com support section.
    If you really need to use Overture/GPO/FL Studio together, then once you've set FL Studio up to use GPO as a VSTi plugin, the only way I would know to use Overture with this setup would be to use a virtual midi router.
    Thanks much...I'll check this out on Thursday (work and family). So from what I'm gathering, GPO Studio is a host much like FLS or Tobybears minihost. For the most part that makes sense. I've never realy gotten around to disk 4, I just rather thought it was effects. I've been programming large templets with midiout connections in FLS. So this Maple would be similiar to midiox (which I can't figure out), that I'm looking forward too and thanks. Seems I've been wasting a lot of time...yet is there anything that would stream a mid file (such as typed in notes in overture) to a host track (such as a piano roll), not just for GPO but in general for any VST?

Forgive my ignorance this is defenitly new turf that I aim to explore for the one thing that I've been missing is the notation aspect of music, even though its been a couple of years, it is the most comfortable way for me to work. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by OHNO
    hhmmm. A thought just occured to me. Iam not sure if this will work but i might give a go myself.

Fruitystudio can be used as a multi output vst. Theres an option for that when installing it.

So maybe you could load that into overture and either load Gpo into that??? or send the outputs of FS to gpo within Overture???
    I don't think Overture loads VST, then again I don't understand overture that well. I know there's going to be some issues with midi, thats what worries me (midiot ).

[whispers to self] 4 posts, mumble mumble, I hate being a newbie [/whispers to self]

Quote Originally Posted by meeks
    I don't think Overture loads VST, then again I don't understand overture that well. I know there's going to be some issues with midi, thats what worries me (midiot ).

[whispers to self] 4 posts, mumble mumble, I hate being a newbie [/whispers to self]
    Your right. I'd never really looked at overture but upon loading it i quickly worked out that you cant load other vsts.
    Grim Fandango explained jazz to me.

Go Back to forum