• Register
  • Help

Topic: midi note to low to be played, help please

Share/Bookmark

midi note to low to be played, help please

Ok let me see if i can explain this. Ok i have quite a few products from ewql. and i have the same problem with all of them. In harcore bass i downloaded a midi file from the net. loaded up the bass, but the problem is there are a couple of notes i see that are playing lower then the keyboard recognizes. Lik you see the keys are in blue that it will play, but the notes are playing like 3 -4 keys lower then that, hence i here the bass every now and then only when i plays a higher note. same as drums the kick drums wont play as they are lower then the notes the sampler will play. and i dont know how to change this. it would seem i need to drop the keys so to speek down a who octiave so it recognizes the information but i cant figure out how to do it, can anybody help me please?

in other words i need to move the active lit blue keeys down an active so that they will rocognize what is being played. Even in straight old kontakt same thing the note that is being palyed is to low for it to play it, which makes no sense. i cant do this in kontatk or in kompakt.

Re: midi note to low to be played, help please

Your keyboard should have an option to play an ocatve or two lower or higher (most do.) If this is not possible, play the note into your sequencer where it will play, then edit the sequence and lower it an octave.

HTH.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

I think he is talking about the mapping of the samples themselves....heeeeh right ?

You would have to open the patch in Kontakt and stretch the last note further down in the mapping editor , your notes should play then .
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by Theodor
    I think he is talking about the mapping of the samples themselves....heeeeh right ?

You would have to open the patch in Kontakt and stretch the last note further down in the mapping editor , your notes should play then .
    Yes that is exactly it. but i have gone in to the mapping editor and i just lose it i cant fiure it out at all and i ahve read the manual and i still dont know how to do it.

Hey wlahc1

Open your Patch in Kontakt
    Click on the big Edit button
    Click the mapping Editor button

You will now see all the samples, and how they are mapped across the keyboard.

Select the note ( Or notes, depending if it has velocity layers ) that is more to the left of the keyboard.

Now, drag your mouse to the left part of the small sample boxes, your cursor should change to this <-> , drag the samples to the left until the start of the keyboard.

Go to Load/Save and save your new instrument
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Go Back to forum