• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where should we ask questions on open lectures

Share/Bookmark

Where should we ask questions on open lectures

When an open lecture is posted, should students post questions in the original thread?

I have a suggestion that you create 2 threads for each open lecture. One as it is, and the second as a place for questions on the original thread. The teacher can then repost in the original thread the question and answers to questions posed in the second thread. That way anyone can just read the original lecture, and the question and answers in context.

As far as homework goes, should students take the concept in the lecture to produce their own musical phrase and submit it? If so, submitting it in the second thread would allow the teacher to select those submitions, comment speciffically on them and place them in the original thread.

What do you think?

Re: Where should we ask questions on open lectures

Since Fabio has been doing the Open Lectures, I would think he will answer your question. Keep in mind he lives in Italy, so the answer may come at an unusual time.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Thumbs up Re: Where should we ask questions on open lectures

Quote Originally Posted by metron9
    When an open lecture is posted, should students post questions in the original thread?

I have a suggestion that you create 2 threads for each open lecture. One as it is, and the second as a place for questions on the original thread. The teacher can then repost in the original thread the question and answers to questions posed in the second thread. That way anyone can just read the original lecture, and the question and answers in context.

As far as homework goes, should students take the concept in the lecture to produce their own musical phrase and submit it? If so, submitting it in the second thread would allow the teacher to select those submitions, comment speciffically on them and place them in the original thread.

What do you think?
    You are probably right. Thanks for suggestion. Selecting the best practice we will create quickly a good protocol!

If you are intersted in one of my lectures, please open a student thread and start posting questions or exercise.

Go Back to forum