• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSTis for Ambient, Trance, etc.....

Share/Bookmark

VSTis for Ambient, Trance, etc.....

I asked this question as a part of a larger question, but wanted to ask it solo as well so other people who might not respond to the other question might check this one out......

I'd like some reccomendations for VSTis for trance, ambient, drone, evolving sorta music, free or otherwise.

I've had a great time digging through posts, but figure this would be a good way to get some answers....

Re: VSTis for Ambient, Trance, etc.....

I know that there are alot of people who are unimpressed with this VSTi and still many more who were put off by Steinberg/Wizoo dropping the ball for a long time BUT,

I recommend Xphraze to you.

I love this instrument. I think it would suit what you want. Xphraze was almost built for Trance and Ambient.

The 32 step step-sequencer lies at the heart of this tweaker and you can make all manner of sequenced sounds and rhythms. And layering up to four of these programmed instruments can really create some complex and evolving 'Absynth' type sounds (which by the way is another one you should check out.)

I use Xphraze for pads, basses, sequenced beats, and basically anything that's sounds strange and unusual. Vector sound morphing, LFO's modulating LFO's, importing samples... I could go on and on about what this VSTi can do. You should scope this one out. I'm pretty sure it's come down in price by now too.

Some quickies. also check out: Kubik, Vanguard, String Theory, Rhino.

Bob

I'd like some reccomendations for VSTis for trance, ambient, drone, evolving sorta music, free or otherwise.
    Well - I have to declare an interest, since I programmed it - but I think Cameleon would be worth your while checking out. Its very good for evolving sounds, and has got presets which would suit all the genres of music you mentioned. Mp3s, free demo and more info at:
    http://www.camelaudio.com/cameleon5000.php

If you haven't already checked out Crystal (free) then that might well be worth your while doing.

Ben

I agree that Chameleon is a great instrument. Absynth 3 is also good for this type of music. Finally, check out the line from ConcreteFX... Kubiak was mentioned but a lot of their stuff is very reasonably priced with a lot of depth. A few others I like for big time pads etc. are Atmosphere and UltraFocus. There are tons out there..... have a great time!

Take Care
    Never wrestle in the mud with a pig.
    You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

for pads. Free Crystal 2. Pay, Atmosphere.
    For trance leads and basses. For free. Triangle 2 and Synth1. Pay, Z3ta+, Vanguard and Albino 2.

Go Back to forum