• Register
  • Help

Topic: Atmosphere User Idea...Eric?

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere User Idea...Eric?

I've had this VI for quite a few months now and absolutely love it...I don't program though and wish there was a way to get new presets every once in awhile....This is 1 area I really like about Native Instruments Reaktor and Absynth sites...They have preset updates once in awhile from users...You have to be a registered user to gain access to this area...I think this would be a great concept for Trilogy (even though I don't have it) and Atmosphere....I think this helps keep the program feeling fresh and new and gives people who may not have purchased it yet that added push with the idea that they will have new patches in updates once in awhile...Plus it brings the community a little closer together praising each other for the great submissions they make PLUS a little hype when new banks become available, Not to mention a bigger preset collection in the end....Anyone else like this idea or am I alone here?

Re: Atmosphere User Idea...Eric?

I love the idea...

I'm not sure if it's technically feasible, given the underlying architecture of the instrument... but it is a cool idea.

I don't think you can add new sample files but with all the sliders,buttons,sound combining/etc...Then save those files as new presets which could be posted...You wouldn't actually be downloading new samples but rather new presets which done by the right person (definately not me) can sound like a whole new instrument....I've tried just turning knobs and pushing buttons LFO's or filters or something and I've never come up with anything worth keeping....

Thumbs up Re: Atmosphere User Idea...Eric?

A Randomize function could be cool. Or perhaps a Breed button (a la GlennO's fabulous Crystal).

There's no way in the UVI engine that we use in Atmosphere to do this in a way that works cross-platform/cross-host.

Currently, only people with the same host apps can exchange new patches.

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    There's no way in the UVI engine that we use in Atmosphere to do this in a way that works cross-platform/cross-host.

Currently, only people with the same host apps can exchange new patches.

spectrum
    I understand most of what you said except the UVI engine part but I'll take your word that it wouldn't work because obviously you would know....Just throwing an idea out there....Thanks...Moon

Go Back to forum