• Register
  • Help

Topic: anyone have any updated gpo studio and overture templates?

Share/Bookmark

anyone have any updated gpo studio and overture templates?

I was wondering if anybody created the files so that a full orchestra loads into GPO studio and a template in Overture that corresponds to the studio setup with the update (basically all of the new KS patches and what not). I've created some for smaller ensembles, but one for larger ensembles, such as a full orchestra, I have problems with, so i was just wondering if anyone else had created one so that I can be lazy and not have to attempt to do it myself.
    Tim

Re: anyone have any updated gpo studio and overture templates?

Quote Originally Posted by tgfoo
    I was wondering if anybody created the files so that a full orchestra loads into GPO studio and a template in Overture that corresponds to the studio setup with the update (basically all of the new KS patches and what not). I've created some for smaller ensembles, but one for larger ensembles, such as a full orchestra, I have problems with, so i was just wondering if anyone else had created one so that I can be lazy and not have to attempt to do it myself.
    Hey tgfoo,
    I was wondering that myself last week - But - no one had - so I created GPO Studio files for ALL the standard Overture sound sets and posted it in the "Tips and Tutorials" section. Here's the link to the thread. (it is also a "sticky" one, so it will show up at the top of that section's page).

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=32080

Cheers!!

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Re: anyone have any updated gpo studio and overture templates?

Actually, there are none that correspond to all of the new KS instruments - but you can easily open the GPO Studio file that corresponds to the Overture sound set you want (i.e. FULL ORCHESTRA), which fits closest to what you want, and load the KS instrument you want in place of the one you don't and then save it for use later.
    For example, Say you want to use the Violin 1 section KS in your new Overture doc, In the GPO Studio files for Overture (the ones linked to in the above post) many of the string section settings have for conveneince, loaded in slot one, Vln 1 sus short, and in slot two, Vln 1, pizz. You could just replace the Vln 1 sus-short with the Vln1 KS sample. Just save it either with the same name as the original doc, or rename it.

I have done this for a few of mine as well - just not posted them because they are for a particular piece, and not a traditional standard orchestration sound set that is in Overture.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum