• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone know if VSL offers Student (music discounts?)

Share/Bookmark

Anyone know if VSL offers Student (music discounts?)

Look to get Opus 1.

Thanks

Re: Anyone know if VSL offers Student (music discounts?)

No they generaly dont... they had a Students discount on the whole shebang First Edition a few months ago... but would not count on anything for Opus. But who knows

Retroz,

It's not exactly what you're looking for but - - - if you buy GPO for now, when you choose to buy Opus - VSL take sthe FULL price of GPO off of Opus. So you get GPO now for $250 and then get Opus 1 in the future for $750.

Just so you know.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    Retroz,

It's not exactly what you're looking for but - - - if you buy GPO for now, when you choose to buy Opus - VSL take sthe FULL price of GPO off of Opus. So you get GPO now for $250 and then get Opus 1 in the future for $750.

Just so you know.
    I thought that you coudl take the full price of GPO off the First Edition and you only got 100 bucks off for Opus....

Yeah, here it is right of the Garritan website:
    "The GPO full purchase price of $249 will be applied as a credit to the purchase of the Vienna Symphonic Library's Complete Packages (including the Orchestral Cube and the Performance Set) of either First Edition or Pro Edition. In addition a $100 discount will apply to the new OPUS 1 library which contains handpicked samples and Performance Elements from the Vienna Symphonic Library's Pro Edition. And owners of the Vienna Symphonic Libraries will be entitled to a 15% discount. Ordering details will be posted soon."
    Tim

Thanks Tim - sorry I was mistaken... it had been about a year since I looked at that offer.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Yea Alan you are thinking of the upgrade to Gold and Platinum in QL

I would suggest buying GPO or EWQLSO Silver Edition now.

While it would be nice to have the more expensive products, I would think the key for a student would be to get "hands on" experience with these tools.

Given how good demos for these products sound, the real "limiting factor" is your skill, which can be improved by working with these now, as opposed to waiting until you can afford the $1000 plus libraries.

Finally, East-West DOES have an educational program (for US students):
    http://www.soundsonline.com/educational.shtml

Are you sure its just for US students? I know a UK course 'Music for the Media', which im on, allows you to get the 50% off educational disount. They might have done a deal though

Quote Originally Posted by -Ed
    Are you sure its just for US students? I know a UK course 'Music for the Media', which im on, allows you to get the 50% off educational disount. They might have done a deal though
    The EW webpage states "Status and Qualifications (program limited to USA)".
    As Doug mentioned in another post, the EDU discounts are specific to a Country Distributor (i.e. SoundsOnline, a U.S. distributor gives educational discounts to U.S. students). Distributors of East-West products in other countries make their own educational discount decisions.

Go Back to forum