• Register
  • Help

Topic: Digital Audio Wave - A Warning

Share/Bookmark

Digital Audio Wave - A Warning

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I purchased a computer from them a bit ago and it has been a nightmare . It has had to be shipped to Texas for fixing and I have had to pull stuff out and replace it w/ their permission . I had periods of 1+ month with out being able to use it .

They put the wrong processor in and have been promising me for months to send a refund for the difference but have now stopped taking my calls and returning my emails - mind you this is after a few breakdowns in a few months . Everything is still supposed to be under warranty but they will not honor anything . My main hard drive has gone crazy and my expensive "silent" computer is unbarable to work around . My 2g P4 I built is my workhorse while I am trying to get things resolved with my "nice" new PC .

It is going to be a huge pain to try to reregister software who reads you HDD serial # . I think Waves charges you to do it .

This is a very shady company and Frank is a liar . Joe seems to be a nice guy but Frank will tell you whatever to get you off his back and he never comes through .

I guess my next step is a lawyer .....

Re: Digital Audio Wave - A Warning

Quote Originally Posted by amb
    I purchased a computer from them a bit ago and it has been a nightmare . It has had to be shipped to Texas for fixing and I have had to pull stuff out and replace it w/ their permission . I had periods of 1+ month with out being able to use it .
    I feel your pain. The trick is to simply build it yourself, then you don't have to deal with these donkeys.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Well , I am sorry I did not build it . I can slap together a PC in minutes and do so for my gaming rigs and even build systems for people as a side thing . I built my sampler PC .

I was told that a PC had to be tweaked for audio and they told me that each brand of software had specific tweaks . I was also told if anything went up I could take it to any local shop and they would cover the repairs as opposed to shipping the bad part to the maker and then them shipping me a new HDD or what not .... I was fooled but I wanted a trouble free working environment so I could focus on the music since it was my first venture in doing my own recordings . Things did not work out this way .

Well , live and learn .

I got in contact with the BBB today and they hooked me up with the Houston Attorney General's office and things are going down that road .

I got a hold of Joe from D.A.W. and told him I had contacted the BBB and he told me he had no idea what had been going on and I would hear from Frank this afternoon but ......

Sounds like they're scam artists. Good cop, bad cop.

Any tweaks that need to be done for a DAW can be done by you. Don't let anyone tell you differently.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

I would suggest the following:

- get your Credit Card company involved. Start with trying to dispute the ENTIRE charge, then offer to send back the computer for a full refund

- call them EVERY day; make it so painful that their easiest course of action is to fix your problem or give you a refund. However, be NICE (try your best)

- Document, then suggest a specific solution to them (refund, they fix ..., etc.)

- Understand their perspective: make your own guess about how much "profit" they have in your system. That number represents your "monetary value" to them, and every hour they have to do something (talk with you, work on your problem, etc.) takes money away from them.

- try to deal solely with Joe, given your opinion of Frank.

- you might also suggest sending a "letter" to Recording magazine, given their Oct. 04 article:
    http://www.digitalaudiowave.com/inde...on=Custom&ID=5

At this point, I think your best "solution" would be to send the unit back and get a refund (try for 90% of the total). You can then move on to another company or build one yourself.

Thanks for the advice Martin . Do you think me keeping the hard drives would be an issue since I have some work on one and I have my licenses attached to the system drive ?

And good cop bad cop , never thought of it like that but I will keep that in mind .

I have given these men months to fix what is wrong . I would not spend my time and energy on something as negative as this if I did not think it was justified .

I did not even think about the CC company . I used a debit card Matercard - do I have the same rights ? I guess I should consult the family lawyer .

Once again , thank for the help guys !

Anthony

Go Back to forum