• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 and Cubase SX 2.2 - Making it more stable?

Share/Bookmark

GS3 and Cubase SX 2.2 - Making it more stable?

They Guys,

I've been playing around with GS3 for about a week now. Love the program (seems to work fine). BUT the problem is the system cashes alot (i.e screen freezes)

My setup is:
    3.2Ghz CPU
    1 GB Ram
    3 Hard Drives (Programs/Audio/Samples)
    Creamware Pulsar 2 Soundcard
    Creamware Luna 2 Soundcard (both soundcards share an irq and are linked, so it's all good there)

I had GS2.5 and Cubase SX 2.0 working on this machine fine (without crashes). Just the other week I reformated with Win XP (SP1) and installed GS3 and Cubase SX 2.2. Now the system can crash at anytime. (At best 2.5 hours without a crash, at worst about 10mins)

Just wondering what tweaks you guys have done to windows xp to make it all work. I am running the 3.04 patch. And I've done some basic windows tweaking. But really cant work out why it's crashing. I'm sure i dont have to live with the crashes because i know alot of you have it working fine. And i'm not pushing GS3 at all as well. I have had about 50% memory and maybe 75% CPU usage at most. I'm not even running Giga Pulse or anything else for that matter.

Please share your tweaking joys , or your complaints about how the program never worked for you . Either way i'm happy to hear it.
    Thanks

Re: GS3 and Cubase SX 2.2 - Making it more stable?

First, turn off the automatic file scanning of Giga's Quicksound database. I think it's in Giga Settings on the Quicksound tab. I forget the exact name though.

I had some stability problems when I first upgraded. I was using 1.5 GB of RAM. As it turns out one GB was fine, but there was a problem with the other 0.5 GB chip on my motherboard. I found that when I upgraded the BIOS and my mobo no longer accepted that stick. All was stable after that.

Also, try it with hyperthreading both on and off.

Best of luck!

-JF

Thanks for the reply Jon. I'll check both those things you mentioned and see how i go... Interesting you mention a bios update, as i did update my bios before i installed everything. Maybe i didn't check though it enough. Although I usally make sure everything in the bios is good to go.

Thanks for leading me on the right path Jon. I hope i can get it stable after some more tweaking .

Hey guys

I still have not resolved the problem... The system is very unstable. It is so very frustrating to say the least.

Can someone run though all the setting on a system that works. What are all the GS3 settings you have? What have you changed from the default settings? Also what about windows xp?

Cheers

Go Back to forum