• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 and Cubase SX 2.2 - Making it more stable?

GS3 and Cubase SX 2.2 - Making it more stable?

They Guys,

I've been playing around with GS3 for about a week now. Love the program (seems to work fine). BUT the problem is the system cashes alot (i.e screen freezes)

My setup is:
    3.2Ghz CPU
    1 GB Ram
    3 Hard Drives (Programs/Audio/Samples)
    Creamware Pulsar 2 Soundcard
    Creamware Luna 2 Soundcard (both soundcards share an irq and are linked, so it's all good there)

I had GS2.5 and Cubase SX 2.0 working on this machine fine (without crashes). Just the other week I reformated with Win XP (SP1) and installed GS3 and Cubase SX 2.2. Now the system can crash at anytime. (At best 2.5 hours without a crash, at worst about 10mins)

Just wondering what tweaks you guys have done to windows xp to make it all work. I am running the 3.04 patch. And I've done some basic windows tweaking. But really cant work out why it's crashing. I'm sure i dont have to live with the crashes because i know alot of you have it working fine. And i'm not pushing GS3 at all as well. I have had about 50% memory and maybe 75% CPU usage at most. I'm not even running Giga Pulse or anything else for that matter.

Please share your tweaking joys , or your complaints about how the program never worked for you . Either way i'm happy to hear it.

Re: GS3 and Cubase SX 2.2 - Making it more stable?

First, turn off the automatic file scanning of Giga's Quicksound database. I think it's in Giga Settings on the Quicksound tab. I forget the exact name though.

I had some stability problems when I first upgraded. I was using 1.5 GB of RAM. As it turns out one GB was fine, but there was a problem with the other 0.5 GB chip on my motherboard. I found that when I upgraded the BIOS and my mobo no longer accepted that stick. All was stable after that.

Also, try it with hyperthreading both on and off.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the reply Jon. I'll check both those things you mentioned and see how i go... Interesting you mention a bios update, as i did update my bios before i installed everything. Maybe i didn't check though it enough. Although I usally make sure everything in the bios is good to go.

Thanks for leading me on the right path Jon. I hope i can get it stable after some more tweaking .

Hey guys

I still have not resolved the problem... The system is very unstable. It is so very frustrating to say the least.

Can someone run though all the setting on a system that works. What are all the GS3 settings you have? What have you changed from the default settings? Also what about windows xp?

Go Back to forum