• Register
  • Help

Topic: Quick or Flash Drives?

Share/Bookmark

Question Quick or Flash Drives?

Anyone in cyber space use one of those fangled new thingies called either Quick Drive or a Flash Drive? Micro Advantage Model QD1-Z11 possibly? I was wandering how reliable they are and if there is any issue on susceptibility to static charge buildup or discharge?
    No just don't read this post and go away if you use one, comment on the dang thing will ya please?

Thanks.
    Styxx

Re: Quick or Flash Drives?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Anyone in cyber space use one of those fangled new thingies called either Quick Drive or a Flash Drive? Micro Advantage Model QD1-Z11 possibly? I was wandering how reliable they are and if there is any issue on susceptibility to static charge buildup or discharge?
    No just don't read this post and go away if you use one, comment on the dang thing will ya please?

Thanks.
    Styxx,

I've never used the specific brand you mention, but here at work we use "SanDisk Cruzer® Mini USB Flash" drives a lot. I would expect the Micro Advantage would be similiar. We have had no problems at all.

The only downside is that Win2k users don't like having to "stop" the device before removing it. WinXP has a setting that allows you to remove it without "stopping" it...don't know about Mac.

Re: Quick or Flash Drives?

Southport,
    I looked them up and they seem reasonable. Thanks for the info.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum